Used 2009 Audi A5 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A5 model:

Audi a5 3.2L Burns a lot of OIL
By seamus666

2009 Audi A5 Coupe quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have an Audi A5 and it was great until i hit about 35K miles and it started to burn a quarte of oil every 1,000 miles and sometimes i even get 1,400 miles. I am extremly suprised since i drive mostly freeway and do nto drive it very hard. My local dealer agreed with me that this was B.S. but Audi USA refuses to fix it so beware of thsi when lookinng to purchase this car and it is my understadnign that the 2.0Liter needs oil every 850 miles.

It has good handling.

Theu use cheap plastic for the buttons and they fade and even bubble as they use some sort of a rubber plastic

3 year update
By appetites

2009 Audi A5 Coupe quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

my 2009 Audi A5 3.2 manual has been just about flawless. smooth, sexy, quiet and enough performance to make me smile. Have the premium, technology, bang and olufson, side assist and ride select, so it is loaded. Averaging 23-25 mph wnter and summer imn all around driving, 28+ on a trip. Still getting gawked at as it is one of the most beautiful cars on the road. Only one warranty repair in 33,000 miles, a door sensor for keyless entry was replaced. By far the best overall car I've owned in my 67 years

ride select, performance, mileade, quiet and comfortable. Radio and smottness

touch screen vav, ventilated seats

First 3 months with my 2009 A5
By Larry

2009 Audi A5 Coupe quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Initially I was looking at either BMWs or Lexus but very happy I found this 2009 A5. I wanted a car that looks nice, has great value and fun to drive. I get two to three compliments a week in my red A5. It has many features that are worth having like the B&O stereo (a must) and the blind- spot alert LEDs on each side-view mirror. The voice-prompt feature also works extremely well when changing the audio input and nav commands. The car handles very well and is quick, especially in the Sport mode. The doors open wide so easy to get in/out of the comfortable seats. The air- conditioning systems works very well and is quiet. The trunk and the sunroof are surprisingly large.

Exterior styling, B&O stereo, A/C system, MMI/Nav interface, quality of Bluetooth audio.

Sunroof to open more, retractable side- view mirrors

2009 A5 S-line
By Patrick

2009 Audi A5 Coupe quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Exceptional car. Other than having to buy new tires at 17000 miles, I've had no complaints and a million complements. Good performance, good gas mileage, great handling and outstanding looks. Definitely not another BMW or G-car clone!

Styling IMO is Best in Class and with the S-lin package, handling is phenomenal.

A/C cooled seats, shorter throw shifter and a greater interior color selection for the S-line package.

The Ladies Love It
By matt

2009 Audi A5 Coupe quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I was stopped one day at a party by a woman who said, "Are you the guy who has the A5 that was parked outside of the cleaners?" The exterior styling is amazing. It's a true head-turner. Nothing like it. I have the windows tinted and the rear badging removed (except the Audi circles) for a stealth look. It's a bit over-priced though. For nearly fifty grand, you get cheap floor mats, only 260 HP, no push button start (that package is another $2,000) no auto folding mirrors, cheap "leather" and an engine that burns about a quart of oil every five thousand miles. Notwithstanding, Audi hasn't imported a lot of these so it won't be like the A4 where you see one on every corner. A blast to drive.

exterior styling.

Lexus type quality and reliability. in addition, floor mats befitting a car at this price point; more horses / better fuel economy; genuine or better leather with more support; auto folding mirrors; push button start that is standard; traffic updates via the nav system (not available for 09).