Used 2009 Audi A5 Coupe Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A5 model:

2009 Audi A5 "like new"
By Brent Veloso

2009 Audi A5 Coupe quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Overall it was great, my only problems are the scratches on the hood which are unrepairable. They need to be coated or repainted. I Got too excited not knowing those were not regular dirt. The license plate bracket was also damage, dealer did not disclose and did not replace with a new one.

A5 me baby
By Harry Rempert

2009 Audi A5 Coupe quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

great car with minimal issues (all covered by warranty so far). Certified used is the way to go - 100k mile warranty. Impressed with the fuel economy - highway driving (a little faster than posted speeds - if you know what I mean) yeilds 30+ MPG. The S-Line seats provide great support making long road trips easy. The only down side is the back seats, but hey, I don't sit back there anyway! it's a shame that Audi has stopped offering the 3.2L engine as a base power plant, they have also stopped offering the manual 6-speed transmission in A5. Now if you want them you have to jump to a S5 - and an additional $15k. Sticky tires in the summer and snow tires in the winter make the A5 just a fun car to drive.

Audi a5 3.2L Burns a lot of OIL
By seamus666

2009 Audi A5 Coupe quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have an Audi A5 and it was great until i hit about 35K miles and it started to burn a quarte of oil every 1,000 miles and sometimes i even get 1,400 miles. I am extremly suprised since i drive mostly freeway and do nto drive it very hard. My local dealer agreed with me that this was B.S. but Audi USA refuses to fix it so beware of thsi when lookinng to purchase this car and it is my understadnign that the 2.0Liter needs oil every 850 miles.

It has good handling.

Theu use cheap plastic for the buttons and they fade and even bubble as they use some sort of a rubber plastic

3 year update
By appetites

2009 Audi A5 Coupe quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

my 2009 Audi A5 3.2 manual has been just about flawless. smooth, sexy, quiet and enough performance to make me smile. Have the premium, technology, bang and olufson, side assist and ride select, so it is loaded. Averaging 23-25 mph wnter and summer imn all around driving, 28+ on a trip. Still getting gawked at as it is one of the most beautiful cars on the road.

Only one warranty repair in 33,000 miles, a door sensor for keyless entry was replaced.

By far the best overall car I've owned in my 67 years

ride select, performance, mileade, quiet and comfortable. Radio and smottness

touch screen vav, ventilated seats

First 3 months with my 2009 A5
By Larry

2009 Audi A5 Coupe quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Initially I was looking at either BMWs or Lexus but very happy I found this 2009 A5. I wanted a car that looks nice, has great value and fun to drive. I get two to three compliments a week in my red A5. It has many features that are worth having like the B&O stereo (a must) and the blind- spot alert LEDs on each side-view mirror. The voice-prompt feature also works extremely well when changing the audio input and nav commands. The car handles very well and is quick, especially in the Sport mode. The doors open wide so easy to get in/out of the comfortable seats. The air- conditioning systems works very well and is quiet. The trunk and the sunroof are surprisingly large.

Exterior styling, B&O stereo, A/C system, MMI/Nav interface, quality of Bluetooth audio.

Sunroof to open more, retractable side- view mirrors