2009 Audi A5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A5 model:
Audi a5 3.2L Burns a lot of OIL
By seamus666 on 04/19/12 15:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have an Audi A5 and it was great until i hit about 35K miles and it started to burn a quarte of oil every 1,000 miles and sometimes i even get 1,400 miles. I am extremly suprised since i drive mostly freeway and do nto drive it very hard. My local dealer agreed with me that this was B.S. but Audi USA refuses to fix it so beware of thsi when lookinng to purchase this car and it is my understadnign that the 2.0Liter needs oil every 850 miles.

3 year update
By appetites on 12/18/11 03:47 AM (PST)

2009 Audi A5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

my 2009 Audi A5 3.2 manual has been just about flawless. smooth, sexy, quiet and enough performance to make me smile. Have the premium, technology, bang and olufson, side assist and ride select, so it is loaded. Averaging 23-25 mph wnter and summer imn all around driving, 28+ on a trip. Still getting gawked at as it is one of the most beautiful cars on the road. Only one warranty repair in 33,000 miles, a door sensor for keyless entry was replaced. By far the best overall car I've owned in my 67 years

2009 A5 S-line
By Patrick on 08/13/10 10:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Exceptional car. Other than having to buy new tires at 17000 miles, I've had no complaints and a million complements. Good performance, good gas mileage, great handling and outstanding looks. Definitely not another BMW or G-car clone!

Happy A5 owner
By appetites1 on 09/27/09 05:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Have all the toys in this car, have driven 7000 miles to date. Owned many cars in my 50 years of driving and this is by far the best. Enough performance and great quiet and comfort. Very smooth in every way. Getting 25+ mpg with no problems to date. If I could build it myself I would trade the mmi for touch screen nav, make the manual a little tighter shifting, but overall the best ride my wife and I ever had!

The most fun I've had driving a car!
By Joanne on 08/18/09 18:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my 2009 A5 for two months now, and I continue to be delighted every time I take it out of my garage, I feel like a child with a new toy. I'm pampered by the amenities such as the excellent back-up camera, the i- pod integration system, the crisp 6- speed shifter, and the amazingly comfortable seats. I love the screen over the sunroof, which allows a little light but not enough to make me squint against the sun. The exterior styling is quietly elegant - the daytime running lights are cooler than I can say, and I love the keyless entry which keeps me from digging in my purse for my keys. I routinely get 33 mpg on the highway.

Cost $54k, people think it cost $75k
By mgd99 on 07/13/09 07:07 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I held onto my 1998 A4 for 11 years, before getting the A5 S-Line 3.2 MT in early May. I was looking for something sportier, but with the same quattro like 4WD since I live in CT and I like the feel of quattro on a snow covered highway. The A5 has been a dream. The looks and fit of the exterior is exceptional. The interior is remarkable for its price range. The 265HP is completely sufficient to address the 98% of my driving. I got Drive Select and it feels like two different cars in one. Best yet, so few of these on the road and people regularly proffer estimates of $75k. You want a daily driver that satisfies a need for sport without spending a small fortune? This is it.

Scrumptious A5
By joe in ri on 06/02/09 06:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Chose the A5 for its beauty and refinement. No disappointments as it has exceeded our expectations. Our 2nd Audi as we need awd and like the quality furnishings. But this baby has smooooth power and delivering 25+ mpg so far. Chose select drive, tech package and nav and all works delightfully. The 6 sp manual works flawlessly with plenty of torque in every gear.

A5-S LIne: Fun to Drive but Uncomfortable
By Ted on 06/01/09 16:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I am 6'5" tall and need a car I can fit in. Rented an Audi A5 in Italy in January 2009 and fit great so shopped for one back home in California. Test drove the A5 and loved it. But liked the S-Line meteor gray looks much better so bought that one. Am loving it. So much fun to drive and there is enough head room. Not much visibility behind, but with the rear video camera and warning sounds, and side mirror driver assist-really don't need the visibility. Quiet ride, fun to drive, and I get many random compliments in parking lots. Only really bad thing is that I hate the lumbar on the sporty seats. Cannot get a comfortable position. Big bump in my lower back. No other seat does this.

I like going to work, now
By Laura on 03/22/09 16:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The body of this car is by far the best looking on the road today. And Deep Sea Blue is the most beautiful color I’ve seen. In the shade it looks black, but in the sunlight it’s a gorgeous three dimensional metallic shade of dark blue. I think the darker colors bring out the lines better than the lighter ones, but I’ve read other reviews that say the opposite. The conclusion: the car has awesome lines regardless of color. The MMI isn’t as confusing as some reviews say; however, most actions are a two-step process. It’s a little more work, but there are SO many options for comfort, information, entertainment, etc. If you’re considering this car, go drive one, you’ll love it.

Stunning & Solid
By Drew on 03/14/09 14:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

After 8 months, I am still thrilled with the car. I have never owned a car that got so much attention from so many people. It has enough power to make it fun to drive, and the Quattro all-wheel drive is fun to challenge in corners.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Audi A5 in VA is:

$148 per month*