Used 2008 Audi A5 quattro Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A5 model:

Sexy
By tgeorge

2008 Audi A5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

By far the sexiest car in 2008 and 2 years later still holding its sex appeal. Fun to drive, ahead of the design curve. Turns heads like Kim Kardashian’s backside. The six speed manual has some punch, especially in 2nd and 4th gear at the right speed and RPM. The 19” wheels are sporty yet classy and often get mistaken for aftermarket wheels. The most impressive design feature is the cars stance. There is little overhang, fine European lines and the stance of a muscle car, simply beautiful.

Huge panoramic sunroof, LED driving lights, and brake assist is brilliant for city hills.

Panoramic sunroof only flips up. Make the B&O sound standard.

I'm in heaven
By Chicago Audi Owner

2008 Audi A5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Drop dead gorgeous. Da Silva is a genius. This is my first Audi (but coincidentally, this is the 6th among my whole family). Almost bought the 3 series and then saw the A5 was coming out in the states. The outside is absolutely stunning, the inside design is beautiful but ridiculously comfortable. I drive 3 hours a day going to and from work and my commute couldn't be any more fun than it is now. Audi's made me a fan for life.

The entire car design. The engine and handling. The interior. The high gas mileage for the neck snapping performance. Would love an S5 but not for the commute - couldn't ask for more efficiency with this much power.

Finding out voice activation wasn't "activated" was the only disappointing event after I bought the car. While every other part of the car exceeded its competition, I found the navigation was somewhat inferior to Infiniti's nav system that included traffic...

Best I've Ever Owned
By CTguy

2008 Audi A5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is truly the first car I've ever been excited to own and to drive. The exterior design is breathtaking, the interior quality is phenomenal. If you're looking to have adults ride in the back seat, this isn't the car for you (especially if you're tall like I am). MMI much easier to use that BMW's iDrive; iPod integration and Sirius satellite makes the 6CD changer almost an afterthought. Cellphone with Bluetooth integrates in seconds. Manual 6 makes the most out of the engine; I recommend it over the 6A (the gimmicky faux manual in it isn't that exciting). Trunk is huge, overly large for its class.

Exterior styling (headlights are fantastic and beautiful), interior build quality, Bluetooth and iPod integration, navigation, handling and braking.

Activate the voice control for navigation and telephone dialing. A little more room in the backseat would make this car perfect, in my estimation.

It's an amazing ride
By Nelson

2008 Audi A5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

With fuel prices the way they are, I just couldn't see living with the low mileage of the 8 cyl, so I opted for the 6 cyl instead. The dealer had an A5 with an Audi factory installed S5 option (cosmetic kit) so I have S-Line interior trim, upgraded 19" wheels (that I like better than the "S") and claimed mileage up to 32 MPG (we'll see - I do a lot of highway driving).

The AWD is cool in the corners - and the electronics package is complete.

I would have liked an external video input for a video iPod.