2016 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Great Audi
By Jeff

2016 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I rented an Audi A4 wagon in Europe for a week and drove around 1000 miles in it. Overall it is a great vehicle, comfortable, engine response is prompt, transmission is flawless, ride is quiet, steering is sharp. For negatives I would note the complexity and lack of intuitiveness of the infotainment system, using their GPS was taking too long to set on a destination and I kept using my TomTom. I guess it takes time to learn how to use it, same with toggling with the map display in the central area between the speed and tachometer. Also at low speeds the brake looses linearity and suddenly locks the wheels if you press a little harder. Also getting in and out of the car is a bit uncomfortable. But the overall impression is great, you don't even know when you get to pass everyone, the car is still quiet and seems so effortless.

Ding Dong the Witch is DEAD!
By ZCT

2016 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I just had the misfortune of renting this car for a week. Wow, what a joke.

I had the base model with the S-Line package and a few extras like navigation.

The car was wholly unpleasant to drive. The CVT an obvious annoyance, the interior, instrumentation and controls utterly mediocre and old fashioned. It wasn't antiquated like a Subaru, but it seemed like a step down from even a VW, which is inexcusable for the cost.

Everything about the driving experience made me completely puzzled as to why anyone would cross shop with this a similarly priced BMW 3 Series and pick this Audi.

I'm not a BMW fanboy or anything, but the two vehicles are incompatible in driving experience, and yet they are about the same price. Audi is supposed to be the premium arm of VW, and yet frankly this car is so easily bested in this segment by so many alternatives.

Thank goodness that the 2017 model is a complete redesign.

Great shopping experience aided by the Edmunds
By Pat Byrne

2016 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

End Up leasing the car, but your info helped to make decision. Thanks!

Not worth the money
By Joe

2016 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My car is an A4 Quattro premium S-Line. It stickered just shy of the $50k mark. If I wasn't able to get a smoking deal on it I would have never bought it. Sure, it's pretty. Sure, people go "ooohhh, you have an Audi" but honestly, this car is nowhere near worth the price of entry. For $15k less you can get a fully loaded Passat with the 1.8t which is all anyone really needs. You will wind up with a much bigger, more comfortable car. With darn near the same build quality, and it will have everything a modern car should have. For example...Bluetooth streaming audio. The Audi doesn't have it until you pony up for the premium plus package. Which pushes you over that 50k mark. Another place the A4 falls woefully short is the back seat. If you have kids in booster seats, get ready to wrestle with seatbelts because the seat area is so narrow your booster WILL block the buckle. And we have the Diono Cambria which is a fairly narrow booster. Still blocks the buckle. Also, if anyone riding up front is over 6' tall, you will render that back seat virtually useless. My 4 year old complains about being squished behind me, I'm 6'3". We don't have the problem in our far less expensive, much more equipped Passat.

Basically, if you are of average or lower stature, the A4 might be ok for you, as long as you're ok with paying a boatload of money for a car that has some seriously glaring omissions in the options department. If you want a well built German car that has everything in it and won't break the bank, go to VW and save some money.

Why, Audi, Why?
By Stephanie Henderson

2016 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

After 11 years, my beloved A4 passed on to another plane of existence. I had always planned to buy another Audi when the time came. I didn't buy this car because for some reason, this Audi can't do what my much less expensive VW can do. I want to connect my phone to my car via Bluetooth and not only get phone calls but also my music, Waze, Spotify etc., to play through the speakers. I can't do this in the Audi unless I purchase the much more expensive package or plug my phone in.. to a cord... in the glove box. No. Just no. Also, CVT transmissions are crap and forced me into a more expensive Quattro to avoid them. Who doesn't want to feel the car shifting? Who likes CVT transmissions?! Also, the back seats don't fold down, there's not even a ski sack like my 2005 had. So, there's no option for a bit more room.
I did not buy the Audi. I wanted so badly to buy the Audi but I just couldn't do it. I bought a Mercedes-Benz instead. I'm hoping Audi gets it right in the next several years.