Exceptional car, exceptional quality -- poor sound system
By hobbes944 on
2013 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I love this car -- it looks great inside and out, the build quality is extraordinarily high, and it offers just the right balance of tight handling, comfort, and size. Personally, I find the engine to be more than up to the task for fun driving (especially when combined with the sport suspension, which I also have), although if you're after raw horsepower you should probably look for something other than the A4 at this price.
Favorite Features
The car feels as though it's on rails around tight turns -- you'd struggle to get it to lose its composure in any sort of normal driving. The interior is beautiful and oozes quality and class (I have the two-tone gray leather with black carpeting). The MMI system is a bit complex, but helpful once you get the hang of it.
Suggested Improvements
The sound system on the A4 is a joke for a car of this quality and price. I had the base system on my old 2003 A4, which was also disappointing -- so I had high hopes when I sprung for the Bang & Olufsen system on the 2013. Major letdown. The highs are relatively clear, but the sound is thin and lacking in depth at the low to mid ranges. I listen to a lot of classical music, and it has absolutely no life when you listen to it in this car. Save your money and spend it on aftermarket upgrades if you are an audiophile of any kind. BMW and Mercedes are embarrassing Audi in this category.