Used 2013 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Exceptional quality -- bad sound system
By hobbes944

2013 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car -- it looks great inside and out, the build quality is extraordinarily high, and it offers just the right balance of tight handling, comfort, and size.
Personally, I find the engine to be more than up to the task for fun driving (especially when combined with the sport suspension, which I also have), although if you're after raw horsepower you should probably look for something other than the A4 at this price. There's a little more understeer in aggressive turns than in the previous A4, but I can live with it. The Bang & Olufsen sound system upgrade is the only major disappointment -- I am a bit of an audiophile and the thin sound it produces really surprised me. (I didn't evaluate the sound very carefully when I bought the car.) In retrospect I'd get the stock system and find a way to upgrade with a third party if the budget allows.

8000 mile update
By mugman1

2013 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Wanted to update my review first made shortly after purchase.
Have owned the vehicle for 8 months now and continue to be impressed by it.
No problems after 8000 miles.
Car was virtually unstopable in heavy snow (with 4 Pirelli snows mounted) this past winter.
I average 26-28 mpg in mixed drving; best tank 34 mpg highway at 70 mph.
Despite what some others have noticed, the engine has not consumed any oil in its first 8000 miles.
Break the engine in as directed in the manual and there should not be any problem.

8 speed automatic is intuitive and responsive; "S" mode livens the car up dramatically by holding lower gears and speeding up throttle response making the driving experience that much more fun; beautiful, high quality interior; complete keyless access with push button start; voice commands that work seamlessly

spring loaded fuel filler door is cheap; HVAC controls more cumbersome for manual control than they need to be; that's about it

Love it!
By docjay123

2013 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought an Audi A4 2.0T a month ago and have loved the short time I've owned this car.
I switched from a BMW 325.
My wife has previously had an Audi Q7 and currently drives the Infiniti QX56.

I think this car has the best styling both inside and out compared to any car in its class.
It is fun to drive and nimble although I must admit that my 3 series gets a little bit of an edge in the driving department (that's what bimmers are known for).
But overall, in my opinion, the audi a4 is a more complete car than the 3 series if you take everything into account.

I have 1500 miles on the car and am averaging between 29 and 30 mpg based on mostly highway driving.

Styling MMI

None

Our First Audi
By dale49

2013 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

After buying a 2013 VW Passat TDI in October for myself, it was my wife's turn for a new car. She had her heart set on a BMW 328i...until she got in one. Too small, too confining, truly baffling ergonomics. We then looked at another Passat TDI(too big), a Jetta TDI(too sparse), a Volvo S80(too something), and finally the Audi A4. We were both sold on it right away due to the Quattro and Nav systems. We immediately put 3,000 miles on it in the first week with a trip to Washington State. Handled perfectly on wet, icy and snowy roads, and was a really comfortable ride. No sign at all of the oil burning issue others have had after 3k miles, so hopefully that's a good sign.

The MMI...the Nav system is a thing of beauty, way better than my Passat's. The 8 speed is seamless, and a blast in Sport mode. The LEDs are amazing to look at, and really enhance the overall apperance of an already great looking car.

The only thing I miss between the Passat and the A4 is a place to store my sunglasses where they are easily accessible. Other than that, it's a great car. A bit more expensive than we were planning on, but you get your money's worth.

Car burns oil
By eric141

2013 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My 2013 Audi A4 2.0T burns about 1 quart of oil every 2000 miles.
I had read about this issue with older A4, but the dealer had sworn that the problem had been resolved.
Apparently not!