Used 2013 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Audi A4 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

A really good luxury car
By Greg Peterson

2013 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have an A4 Premium Plus Quattro with the sports packages and a manual transmission. The interior and exterior are basically flawless - showing Audi's attention to details. I have drive over 40,000 miles since I purchased this new and have only had a few minor trim issues - nothing serious. The handling is AMAZING and the car is definitely quick for its class. I truly enjoy this car - twisty roads are the best as nothing seems to make the car cut lose. It is a very good looking car and the interior is incredibly comfortable - with nice soft-touch materials. Overall the car has been a positive experience and I would recommend it to anyone that asks.

I only have two minor negatives about this vehicle - neither a reason not to purchase it: 1) The fact that it did not come with Bluetooth streaming unless you upgraded to the Prestige trim with the navigation system - a $4,000 upgrade for something that every Kia seems to come with by default. 2) I have had either indifferent or negative experiences every time I go to the Audi dealer (Plano, TX) for service - this has made it incredibly unlikely that I will ever purchase another Audi.

Even with those negatives this is an amazing car and you should at least test drive it if you are considering it - that may make the decision easy for you!

Can not wait to sell this car.
By Danaehamma@gmail.com

2013 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car brand new in 2013 and I've had issues ever since. The car is obviously a very low profile car and I live in New England so I went through 6 Pirelli tires before I finally put all weather continental tires on the car. The car does not drive as smoothly now but at least I have not gotten any bubbles in the tires or cracked any rims since purchasing the continentals. There have been multiple recalls for the heating system, air bags, electronic, etc. that have required repairs. The check engine light came on around 30,000 miles and required multiple valves to be replaced. The dealership claimed they were "faulty" but gave no explanation as to what or why. Then, at 41,000 the car DIED on the highway due to transmission failure. I had to have the vehicle towed in the middle of the night to the dealership. The ENTIRE transmission needs to be replaced. Again, the only explanation is that it was "faulty" and they are unsure what exactly went wrong. Thankfully the car is still under warranty, but this does not make me feel any better. There is no reason there should be this many issues and "faulty" parts on a car this new. I will definitely be selling this car in the Spring and have NO intention of buying another Audi. Every car has its issues, but given the amount I have had with this car in a short period of time with NO real explanation of the problems from the dealership, leads me to believe Audi's are not as reliable as the price tag would suggest.

My engine is gone!!! fabric defect very Sad
By spockweb

2013 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have an Audi A4 (VIN: WAUAFAFL9DA143522 / IEN913) bought on April 25, 2013. Recently, I took the car to the service area due to the fact that it was vibrating vigorously while driving. The diagnosis was that a piston was broken and a whole engine replacement was required. In conversation with my service advisor,he informs me that etiology of the damage is related to a factory defect. The car has a current mileage of 21,997 and I have been most responsible with the recommended service schedule, including oil and filter changes.

The car has been going through many issues since I bought. I left it in the service area, with the keys, I didn't wanted again!!!

Want a dipstick?
By rkelsey

2013 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Drove 75 miles to get car we wanted.
Replaced wife's 2006 Saab 9-3 Sportcombi; would have bought another Saab 9-3 if company hadn't gone belly up.
Premium Plus is a well damped firm/rough ride over potmarked New England backroads; highway ride is excellent.
Not a big fan of the electronic steering at highway speeds; poor feedback through steering wheel.
Wife drives the car and gets 23-24 mpg; I drive and get 28-29 mpg. On the all highway drive home from dealership, trip computer showed 31.7 mpg with cruise at 75 mph; mpg ranges above are using miles driven/gallons to fill tank calculation.
If we could afford a Q5 TDI, would get that for the wife, and take the A4 for myself. Updated review June 2016 at Edmunds' request. Now no longer see the contents of "Best Features" "Worst Features"; this blew away the content related to title... WTF!
VW part number for dipstick 06J115611E, won't show up for A4 B8 CPMA engine because there
is no dipstick in the car.
This dipstick is for CBFA, CCTA engines which are used in Audi A3, VW CC, VW
Tiguan, among others.
Length is correct, but MAX reading is actually where the "X" on the "MAX"
label is covered with oil.

Loyal A4 driver disappointed
By zoeman21

2013 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This will be my 5th A4 in either a sedan or wagon version.
While the car looks great inside and out and the improved HP over the years has added to the thrill of driving the new electronic steering has certainly been a negative.
If you are looking for a soft feel to lumber off to the grocery store the steering is fine but push it a bit or take a long highway trek and you will notice the floaty feel.
Overall the car is fine but if your a searching for a tight steering / handling feel you may want to give the car a good test drive before you purchase.
After this lease is up I will definetly look at a tighter car like the BMW.

Interior and exterior design, AWD system

Offer an option to the electronic steering that was introduced in 2013. Offer Blind Spot on the Premium as an option.