2013 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
My engine is gone!!! fabric defect very Sad
By spockweb on 07/30/14 18:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have an Audi A4 (VIN: WAUAFAFL9DA143522 / IEN913) bought on April 25, 2013. Recently, I took the car to the service area due to the fact that it was vibrating vigorously while driving. The diagnosis was that a piston was broken and a whole engine replacement was required. In conversation with my service advisor,he informs me that etiology of the damage is related to a factory defect. The car has a current mileage of 21,997 and I have been most responsible with the recommended service schedule, including oil and filter changes. The car has been going through many issues since I bought. I left it in the service area, with the keys, I didn't wanted again!!!

Want a dipstick?
By rkelsey on 12/26/13 10:07 AM (PST)

2013 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Drove 75 miles to get car we wanted. Replaced wife's 2006 Saab 9-3 Sportcombi; would have bought another Saab 9-3 if company hadn't gone belly up. Premium Plus is a well damped firm/rough ride over potmarked New England backroads; highway ride is excellent. Not a big fan of the electronic steering at highway speeds; poor feedback through steering wheel. Wife drives the car and gets 23-24 mpg; I drive and get 28-29 mpg. On the all highway drive home from dealership, trip computer showed 31.7 mpg with cruise at 75 mph; mpg ranges above are using miles driven/gallons to fill tank calculation. If we could afford a Q5 TDI, would get that for the wife, and take the A4 for myself.

Loyal A4 driver disappointed
By zoeman21 on 10/14/13 09:34 AM (PDT)

2013 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This will be my 5th A4 in either a sedan or wagon version. While the car looks great inside and out and the improved HP over the years has added to the thrill of driving the new electronic steering has certainly been a negative. If you are looking for a soft feel to lumber off to the grocery store the steering is fine but push it a bit or take a long highway trek and you will notice the floaty feel. Overall the car is fine but if your a searching for a tight steering / handling feel you may want to give the car a good test drive before you purchase. After this lease is up I will definetly look at a tighter car like the BMW.

Exceptional car, exceptional quality -- poor sound system
By hobbes944 on 06/01/13 20:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car -- it looks great inside and out, the build quality is extraordinarily high, and it offers just the right balance of tight handling, comfort, and size. Personally, I find the engine to be more than up to the task for fun driving (especially when combined with the sport suspension, which I also have), although if you're after raw horsepower you should probably look for something other than the A4 at this price.

8000 mile update
By mugman1 on 05/25/13 19:11 PM (PDT)

2013 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Wanted to update my review first made shortly after purchase. Have owned the vehicle for 8 months now and continue to be impressed by it. No problems after 8000 miles. Car was virtually unstopable in heavy snow (with 4 Pirelli snows mounted) this past winter. I average 26-28 mpg in mixed drving; best tank 34 mpg highway at 70 mph. Despite what some others have noticed, the engine has not consumed any oil in its first 8000 miles. Break the engine in as directed in the manual and there should not be any problem.

Love it!
By docjay123 on 05/23/13 13:26 PM (PDT)

2013 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought an Audi A4 2.0T a month ago and have loved the short time I've owned this car. I switched from a BMW 325. My wife has previously had an Audi Q7 and currently drives the Infiniti QX56. I think this car has the best styling both inside and out compared to any car in its class. It is fun to drive and nimble although I must admit that my 3 series gets a little bit of an edge in the driving department (that's what bimmers are known for). But overall, in my opinion, the audi a4 is a more complete car than the 3 series if you take everything into account. I have 1500 miles on the car and am averaging between 29 and 30 mpg based on mostly highway driving.

Our First Audi
By dale49 on 01/01/13 08:31 AM (PST)

2013 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

After buying a 2013 VW Passat TDI in October for myself, it was my wife's turn for a new car. She had her heart set on a BMW 328i...until she got in one. Too small, too confining, truly baffling ergonomics. We then looked at another Passat TDI(too big), a Jetta TDI(too sparse), a Volvo S80(too something), and finally the Audi A4. We were both sold on it right away due to the Quattro and Nav systems. We immediately put 3,000 miles on it in the first week with a trip to Washington State. Handled perfectly on wet, icy and snowy roads, and was a really comfortable ride. No sign at all of the oil burning issue others have had after 3k miles, so hopefully that's a good sign.

Car burns oil
By eric141 on 12/02/12 05:35 AM (PST)

2013 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My 2013 Audi A4 2.0T burns about 1 quart of oil every 2000 miles. I had read about this issue with older A4, but the dealer had sworn that the problem had been resolved. Apparently not!

Best bang for your buck for an AWD luxury sedan
By bchguy111 on 11/28/12 20:33 PM (PST)

2013 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my second Audi. I upgraded from a 2012 Audi A4 2.0T FWD with CVT. It was a great car. Great performance and gas mileage. However, I had an opportunity to upgrade to a quattro with the light package and 2013 upgrades. So far, the car is awesome. Drives even better with the Quattro and suspension and steering upgrades. And those lights, beautiful. The car is even more stricking then my 2012. I also like the 8 speed auto better then the CVT.

Fantastic Vehicle
By mugman1 on 11/16/12 18:18 PM (PST)

2013 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Traded an '11 Acura TSX for this 2013 A4 Premium Plus and so glad I did!! Could not get comfortable in the Acura, and too little rear seat room for the family. This Audi is "right sized" for a family of 4. Plenty of useable trunk space. Ride is composed but comfortable, 18 inch wheels help the car stick around corners, powerful brakes to haul the car down from speed which it gains easily from the 2.0 turbo running through 8 gears. Excellent fit and finish and an attractive sedan from any angle in my opinion. Electric power steering gives up some feel, but is far superior to that found in the Acura. I compared with BMW 3, Mercedes C class, Infiniti, and new Lexus ES. A4 was superior!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Audi A4 in VA is:

$164 per month*