2012 Audi A4 Consumer Review: Struck the (almost) perfect ba

2012 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

2.0T Premium quattro Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic)

Struck the (almost) perfect balance
By dayowl87 on

2012 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I got this car as a stylish daily commuter that would also serve my need for winter drives to Tahoe and dinner with clients. Since I drive 90 miles round trip each day I wanted a car that was comfortable, fuel-efficient and stylish. I'm very pleased with the overall interior and exterior design which after looking at the usual suspects I think are clearly best in class. The car has also exceeded my expectations for gas mileage as I've been experiencing low to mid-thirties on the highway. I've been impressed with the important creature comforts during my drives including the seats, adjustable armrest and climate control.

I love the unique design of the car and quality feeling it provides for an entry level luxury sports sedan. It backs this up excellent gas mileage and strong performance,especially at cruising speed. I use the car for my 90 mile a day commute and find the seats comfortable and the ride and excellent balance of taughtness and comfort. Several other smart design features also accommodate my extra-curricular activities including a large trunk, quatro-system, split rear seats and an easily accommodated roof racking system.

The issues I have with the car are fairly minor but include engineering a better elbow support system for long distance drivers, creating a usable sunglasses holder, and addressing the oil-burning issue they seem aware of but disinterested in fixing. The biggest opportunity for improvement relates to the MMI audio system. While I'm used to the non-intuitive UI, I think for a car competing I this segment it should be mor robust in supporting pandora, YouTube and other streaming media. The fact my best friend's teenage son has a Ford Mustang with a decidedly better entertainment system is an embarrassment.
By jg88
on 07/10/13 14:26 PM (PDT)

Even with a 2012 a4 we are still reading about oil burning issues? Not sure if you are experiencing this problem or are just commenting on the problem. Is your a4 burning oil? If so, how much?