2012 Audi A4 Consumer Review: Overpriced and sparse

2012 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

2012 Audi A4

2.0T Premium Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo CVT Automatic)

Overpriced and sparse
By pensman on

2012 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The car is nimble with excellent acceleration and tight steering.
But the cabin is bare enough to remind one of Mother Hubbard's Cupboard.
Everything that is standard on a Kia is an extra here.
For a $35,000 car you do not even get a self dimming rearview mirror.
The MMI is clunky and anti intuitive.
The stereo system is bare bones.
Milage is about 17 city and 25 higway.

The transmission is quite smooth.

The controls for cruise control are so poorly located that it makes using the device next to impossible.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By thill357
on 05/18/12 20:50 PM (PDT)

I do not own this car, but I have to agree that I feel there are many better choices out there. Yes, the car is pretty overpriced if you ask me. There are items on this car that are not standard, but are standard on a BASE Toyota Camry. Come on Audi.... You build luxury and performance vehicles. For the price, I can almost gurantee this is not the "bang for your buck". You can get a Lexus IS350 w/ F Sport Package for something somewhat close to the price of this car at its highest model. I am sure this 4 cyl is fast, but not as fast as some of the V-6s in its class like the BMW, Infiniti, and Lexus. No Way! One thing I found very interesting with this car was the color selections. Motortrend agrees with this... Why is there light faux beige/gray leather EVERYWHERE on the car?! Choose better color choices. I am glad you like your Audi and good luck with it....

By penpen1999
on 01/31/12 23:51 PM (PST)

At least your steering is tight. My A4's steering is so loose that when I make a left turn, the steering wheel stays there after the turn. I have to straighten the wheel manually. On every other car I've driven, the wheel automatically returns to the center position after the turn. I agree the four corner buttons around the center MMI knob is complicated especially when driving.

By skydiamonds
on 05/19/12 20:24 PM (PDT)

I had a 2006 A4 and MISS IT SO MUCH!! I don't know how the 2012 handles though. THey look gorgeous on the outside though.