Used 2012 Audi A4 2.0T Premium Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

2012 Audi A4 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Poor transmission on the front track model
By tvivier

2012 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The cvt transmission is a nightmare on the front track model. At a stop, it takes a second for the car to take off when you press the gas. This can be a safety issue. I got rid of A4 Front track after two month of frustration and got a quattro instead. This bad choice cost me quite a bit of money. Fortunately, the quattro is a great car.

Suggested Improvements

No more CVT transmission please

Overpriced and sparse
By pensman

2012 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The car is nimble with excellent acceleration and tight steering. But the cabin is bare enough to remind one of Mother Hubbard's Cupboard. Everything that is standard on a Kia is an extra here. For a $35,000 car you do not even get a self dimming rearview mirror. The MMI is clunky and anti intuitive. The stereo system is bare bones. Milage is about 17 city and 25 higway.

Favorite Features

The transmission is quite smooth.

Suggested Improvements

The controls for cruise control are so poorly located that it makes using the device next to impossible.

2012 Audi A4 Premium Plus
By penpen1999

2012 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Bought a new 2012 A4 in November. I was shocked that a $40,880 vehicle does not support Bluetooth Audio streaming when a budget car like the Ford Fiesta does! The rear headrests are so large that they block 20% of the rear windshield. The Bluetooth voice command requires a separate phonebook that requires user entry The steering feels artificial and loose and lacks good road feel. My highway gas mileage has been 24 MPG but the spec said 29 MPG. I have been very gentle with the accelerator (less than 2000 rpm) and only drive highway so this is far lower than I expected. I get 30 MPG in my Accord when the spec says 29. The instantaneous MPG on the trip computer says 200 MPG sometime

Favorite Features

Bi-xenon lights and auto dimming mirrors are great for night time driving.

Suggested Improvements

The windshield defroster buttons are too small and located way too low relative to the windshield. When I was driving and the windows fogged up, it was very difficult to find the buttons and keep an eye on the road. I had to pull over to safely locate the defroster buttons. The $800 Audi Care option is inflexible for low mileage drivers. I am a low mileage driver so after 4 years, I will only have 25,000 miles. According to the schedule, the 4th year (35,000 miles) service includes a spark plug replacement. I wanted to delay the replacement until the 5th year since I will not have reached 35,000 miles. Audi will not allow that even though sparks are good for 6 years.