Used 2012 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Love my A4, great value
By Michael

2012 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This car is a great value. I bought it certified pre owned which I don't regret at all. Wonderful warranty come with it, maintenance included for some mileage intervals. The ride on this car is the best of any car I have had, I couldn't imagine a smoother ride at this price point! I like the navigation screen and map, but the screen could be bigger. Infiniti Q50 has the perfect screen size, get the queue from them! Trunk is huge, I love the way the trunk pops open when you hit the switch or button, if you have your hands full it's wonderful. There are hooks in the trunk ceiling for shopping bags so they don't fly around (genius!), both back seats fold down. The Bang & Olufsen stereo is top notch, clear and awesome sound, better than the Bose with Infiniti. I don't like that the car doesn't connect Bluetooth for music on your phone, that is such an easy add for a car company, the connector for the phone to play music is in the glovebox, very odd, and you can't have both that and the headphone connector in the armrest for music. Audi, fix this! I do like the CVT transmission, very smooth ride but it seems to have play in it when taking off sometimes, they can't find anything wrong but it's something to get used to, if they even make this trans anymore. I LOVE the led running lights, has to be my favorite feature! Looks awesome driving, and it's the last year with the individual dot lights before they made the continuous line light, just my preference. The gas mileage is amazing, I get almost 30 mpg with almost all city driving. Freeway driving takes it over 30. With the turbo you can't tell you are driving a 4 cylinder, I can't stress how I hated a 4 cylinder before, but with this car I love it Pros: gas mileage, smooth ride, solid feel, very stylish, big trunk Cons: no Bluetooth music feature, small navigation screen

Struck the (almost) perfect balance
By dayowl87

2012 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I got this car as a stylish daily commuter that would also serve my need for winter drives to Tahoe and dinner with clients. Since I drive 90 miles round trip each day I wanted a car that was comfortable, fuel-efficient and stylish. I'm very pleased with the overall interior and exterior design which after looking at the usual suspects I think are clearly best in class. The car has also exceeded my expectations for gas mileage as I've been experiencing low to mid-thirties on the highway. I've been impressed with the important creature comforts during my drives including the seats, adjustable armrest and climate control.

I love the unique design of the car and quality feeling it provides for an entry level luxury sports sedan. It backs this up excellent gas mileage and strong performance,especially at cruising speed. I use the car for my 90 mile a day commute and find the seats comfortable and the ride and excellent balance of taughtness and comfort. Several other smart design features also accommodate my extra-curricular activities including a large trunk, quatro-system, split rear seats and an easily accommodated roof racking system.

The issues I have with the car are fairly minor but include engineering a better elbow support system for long distance drivers, creating a usable sunglasses holder, and addressing the oil-burning issue they seem aware of but disinterested in fixing. The biggest opportunity for improvement relates to the MMI audio system. While I'm used to the non-intuitive UI, I think for a car competing I this segment it should be mor robust in supporting pandora, YouTube and other streaming media. The fact my best friend's teenage son has a Ford Mustang with a decidedly better entertainment system is an embarrassment.

Love this car
By gnh917

2012 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Handling, ride, comfort, and noise level are all fantastic. I average about 30 mpg and I drive pretty aggressively. Build quality is excellent. I have a manual transmission with sport pkg, heated seats, bi-xenon headlights and the upgraded sound system and paid $35K. The stereo is fantastic too. The only problem I've had was the alignment getting out of whack for some reason, but the dealer corrected it and I haven't had any other maintenance issues to report.

Fast, joy to drive, excellent sound system, very good gas mileage.

I still haven't gotten used to the location of the climate controls, and they're a little more complicated than need be. I'm used to the MMI now and have it figured out, but it also is overly complicated.

Think twice....
By aih312

2012 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

So after 1.5 years of ownership and 24k miles later I think I can firmly give a sound review. I have an 12 A4 Premium Quattro with convience pk and heated seats. I paid 35K plus taxes. Now for 35k you would expect a basic trip computer....no...xenon headlamps...no. Memory seats...no. These are options that are standard on a TSX. The ride quality is decent, on the highway is where you will feel most comfortable. The city is ok...it just feels sloppy to me. The interior is really nice and comfortable. The MMI is a pain in the ass to use. There is no logic to it in my head. I am not sure what the heck people are talking about in having great gas mileage..I barely get 300 with mix city highway

Seat comfort

Car burns oil Service plan is not comprehensive (BMW covers it all) New brakes in a year and half??? Come on

Poor transmission on the front track model
By tvivier

2012 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The cvt transmission is a nightmare on the front track model. At a stop, it takes a second for the car to take off when you press the gas. This can be a safety issue. I got rid of A4 Front track after two month of frustration and got a quattro instead. This bad choice cost me quite a bit of money. Fortunately, the quattro is a great car.

No more CVT transmission please