2012 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Struck the (almost) perfect balance
By dayowl87 on 05/12/13 18:06 PM (PDT)

2012 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I got this car as a stylish daily commuter that would also serve my need for winter drives to Tahoe and dinner with clients. Since I drive 90 miles round trip each day I wanted a car that was comfortable, fuel-efficient and stylish. I'm very pleased with the overall interior and exterior design which after looking at the usual suspects I think are clearly best in class. The car has also exceeded my expectations for gas mileage as I've been experiencing low to mid-thirties on the highway. I've been impressed with the important creature comforts during my drives including the seats, adjustable armrest and climate control.

Love this car
By gnh917 on 01/14/13 23:10 PM (PST)

2012 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Handling, ride, comfort, and noise level are all fantastic. I average about 30 mpg and I drive pretty aggressively. Build quality is excellent. I have a manual transmission with sport pkg, heated seats, bi-xenon headlights and the upgraded sound system and paid $35K. The stereo is fantastic too. The only problem I've had was the alignment getting out of whack for some reason, but the dealer corrected it and I haven't had any other maintenance issues to report.

Think twice....
By aih312 on 01/04/13 07:42 AM (PST)

2012 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

So after 1.5 years of ownership and 24k miles later I think I can firmly give a sound review. I have an 12 A4 Premium Quattro with convience pk and heated seats. I paid 35K plus taxes. Now for 35k you would expect a basic trip computer....no...xenon headlamps...no. Memory seats...no. These are options that are standard on a TSX. The ride quality is decent, on the highway is where you will feel most comfortable. The city is ok...it just feels sloppy to me. The interior is really nice and comfortable. The MMI is a pain in the ass to use. There is no logic to it in my head. I am not sure what the heck people are talking about in having great gas mileage..I barely get 300 with mix city highway

Poor transmission on the front track model
By tvivier on 09/20/12 10:43 AM (PDT)

2012 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The cvt transmission is a nightmare on the front track model. At a stop, it takes a second for the car to take off when you press the gas. This can be a safety issue. I got rid of A4 Front track after two month of frustration and got a quattro instead. This bad choice cost me quite a bit of money. Fortunately, the quattro is a great car.

This car burns oil
By eric141 on 08/17/12 11:48 AM (PDT)

2012 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

"My car has been burning 1 quart of oil every 2500 miles. The dealer "fixed" it, but it still burns 1 quart every 3000 miles. Both the dealer and Audi told me that 1 quart every 1200 mile is within specs."

So far, so good.
By saw5343 on 02/10/12 07:38 AM (PST)

2012 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I decided to take a chance on a German vehicle with reservations about reliability. I've put 4k miles on the car so far with no issues. Very happy with all aspects of the car. Handles well, gets good mileage (right at 25 overall) and is very comfortable. I have the sport package and was concerned that the ride might be punishing, however it is just firm and still very comfortable. The dealer experience has been excellent. I've had no issues with it burning excessive oil as some others have had. Hopefully the positive trend will continue.

Overpriced and sparse
By pensman on 01/22/12 06:39 AM (PST)

2012 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The car is nimble with excellent acceleration and tight steering. But the cabin is bare enough to remind one of Mother Hubbard's Cupboard. Everything that is standard on a Kia is an extra here. For a $35,000 car you do not even get a self dimming rearview mirror. The MMI is clunky and anti intuitive. The stereo system is bare bones. Milage is about 17 city and 25 higway.

2012 Audi A4 Premium Plus
By penpen1999 on 01/14/12 00:16 AM (PST)

2012 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Bought a new 2012 A4 in November. I was shocked that a $40,880 vehicle does not support Bluetooth Audio streaming when a budget car like the Ford Fiesta does! The rear headrests are so large that they block 20% of the rear windshield. The Bluetooth voice command requires a separate phonebook that requires user entry The steering feels artificial and loose and lacks good road feel. My highway gas mileage has been 24 MPG but the spec said 29 MPG. I have been very gentle with the accelerator (less than 2000 rpm) and only drive highway so this is far lower than I expected. I get 30 MPG in my Accord when the spec says 29. The instantaneous MPG on the trip computer says 200 MPG sometime

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Audi A4 Sedan in VA is:

$161 per month*