Used to love Audis :(
By audikate on
2011 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)
It absolutely breaks my heart to write this review (seriously, I'm emotionally attached to my Audis)... I have been driving Audi/VW for the past 15-16 years. This was my first new Audi purchase (I had previously bought used). Car was AWESOME for the first 1.5 years. In the past 6 months it has started an problem burning/consuming oil. First, I had to add one quart of oil between changes (every 5000 miles), which we are told is within spec for this Audi. It has progressively gotten worse and is now burning so much I have to add a quart every 750 miles. Audi would not do an oil consumption test until it got BELOW 800 miles. IF Audi fixes the problem, I think I'll have to switch brands. :(
Favorite Features
Looooove the drive and performance!! Beautiful body.
Suggested Improvements
Oil consumption
By zmanr
on 03/03/14 12:52 PM (PST)

I own a 2011 Audi A4 and I am having the same oil consumption problem. Started around 25,000 miles and I was told by the dealership it was "normal". It has slowly gotten worse recently needing more oil after only 300 miles. I was told that in order to be considered for support from Audi I would need to bring it in for a "test" which cost $700. I did and the vehicle failed the test. I was then contacted by Audi and told they would not support my request to have the vehicle repaired. The fix is new rings and pistons and the cost of the fix is $6000. This is a known issue and is the result of inferior rings - the fix uses upgraded parts. Audi has completely failed and their lack of interest in addressing this problem and supporting their customers is shocking to say the least. Do not buy this vehicle unless you plan to keep it for only a short time.