Great car with one fatal flaw for long distance commuters
By regularbloke on
2011 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)
I was looking for entry level luxury sedan. I drove Infiniti G35 and Audi A4. Planned to test BMW and Mercedes as well but liked A4 so much that I just bought it. After driving for four months and more than 6000 miles, I am not sure if it was the right decision. I am 5' 11'' 175lbs male. I drive 38 miles one way to work. The front seats are comfortable but once I adjust my seat I cannot rest either the left elbow or the right elbow to be able to hold the steering comfortably. The placement of the elbow support on the left hand side is especially bad. It is too far away from the elbow and is not useable. Even the right elbow support is not great but not as bad as left one.
Favorite Features
Fuel Mileage Power Smooth handling Styling Bluetooth Music Interface Trunk space
Suggested Improvements
Complete redesign of the elbow support such that they are usable. Make the sun-glass holder on the roof big enough to hold modern sunglasses or just remove it.
By rickallen
on 08/02/11 13:44 PM (PDT)

Couldn't agree more with the armrest comment. At 6'4" my seat is far back enough that my elbow is almost behind the B-pillar, and hopelessly distant from the armrest. The only way it could almost work was sliding the center armrest forward and bringing my chair a bit forward. For long trips, I usually stuck a pillow under my left arm for support.

By moosemeat
on 01/31/12 09:33 AM (PST)

The good news is, in a year, or two, when you start getting hit with all those maintenance bills, elbow support will be the last of your worries.

By stickball13
on 08/09/11 17:20 PM (PDT)

I own a 2011 a4 and agree with the sun-glass holder ... the arm rest dose not really bother me much but that may be due to previous cars I've owned, (gti, subaru).I'm @ about 11085 miles/1 year of ownership and have had some problems with the car , but yes I think its a good car for the money, and would have to say my favorite future is the highway gas millage!