2011 Audi A4 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Had it for 6 months

2011 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

2.0T Premium quattro Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic)

Had it for 6 months an still enjoy it!
By renems on

2011 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Car I purchased: A4 Quattro (8-speed) Premium Plus w/ sports package and all the additional "esthetic upgrades". I bought this car in August of '10. I wasn't entirely sure how comfortable I was with getting a first rev. of the 8 speed. So far, so good however there are a few things I've noticed which I've listed under "improvements". I tried the 2011 BMW 335d, 2010 A4 Quattro, 2010 G35, 2011 ES350, 2010 C300. To be honest the acceleration of the BMW diesel and fuel economy far surpass the A4. However the A4 surpasses the BMW in a couple categories, one being safety. The other being CUP holders!

Favorite Features

Console/dashboard: It is so intuitive, and even on the driver console it shows all the information that you'd need from the main display, but some how more consolidated. I love it! MMI: The integration of the iPod is fantastic. I haven't used a CD in 6 months. I have yet to try an SD card, but that's next. Headlights: They're amazing! I get compliments all the time. Comfort of driving: It is fantastically smooth, and great response, I have yet to get it to break traction even on very curvy roads. Spacious truck and back seat!!! With the fold down seats I fit a 4' x 6' piece of art! Back-up sensor/camera, I don't think that needs explanation. Water-bottle holders: Each door has one!

Suggested Improvements

Shifting: Since this is not a CVT, you can feel the car shifting up and down. In "sport mode" you can't feel this as much since it's has a higher RPM before shifting. Acceleration: With the shifting there seems to be two stages of acceleration. You have to put a reasonable amount of pressure on the accelerator in order to get speed. In "sport mode" it has a quicker response. And I'm not a speed demon, I'm referring to stop and go traffic. Running Lights: The running lights during the day are beautiful! However when you turn your blinker on, it shuts off. This does not occur when you have your headlights on. I know that's a minor complaint. Headrests: I wish they were adjustable.
By semperfi68
on 02/18/11 16:15 PM (PST)

Any problems yet with car using/burning oil?