Used 2011 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

2011 Audi A4 have faulty rings and burn oil
By zmanr

2011 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is a known issue - just goggle Audi A4 oil consumption problems and you will see. Audi has refused a recall and the fix - new rings and pistons - costs between $6000 - $7000. It's really disappointing that Audi has not stepped up to address this on a broader scale.

Used to love Audis :(
By audikate

2011 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

It absolutely breaks my heart to write this review (seriously, I'm emotionally attached to my Audis)... I have been driving Audi/VW for the past 15-16 years. This was my first new Audi purchase (I had previously bought used). Car was AWESOME for the first 1.5 years. In the past 6 months it has started an problem burning/consuming oil. First, I had to add one quart of oil between changes (every 5000 miles), which we are told is within spec for this Audi. It has progressively gotten worse and is now burning so much I have to add a quart every 750 miles. Audi would not do an oil consumption test until it got BELOW 800 miles. IF Audi fixes the problem, I think I'll have to switch brands. :(

Favorite Features

Looooove the drive and performance!! Beautiful body.

Suggested Improvements

Oil consumption

Great Car
By rrocks

2011 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Loved this car. Had it for two years and 20K miles and had no problems. Decided to try something new but then was kicking myself and missing my Audi. Enjoyed the handling and speed and the pick-up. It felt like a race car, even though it looked like a sedan. I had absolutely no problems with this car, although I did have to add half a quart of oil at about 8K and 18K miles -- very minor and not a problem at all.

Favorite Features

Handling on curves. Ability to pick up speed on the highway. Liked how responsive the accelerator was. Also liked the design on the front end of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a cup holder for two cups in the front.

Great car with one fatal flaw for long distance commuters
By regularbloke

2011 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I was looking for entry level luxury sedan. I drove Infiniti G35 and Audi A4. Planned to test BMW and Mercedes as well but liked A4 so much that I just bought it. After driving for four months and more than 6000 miles, I am not sure if it was the right decision. I am 5' 11'' 175lbs male. I drive 38 miles one way to work. The front seats are comfortable but once I adjust my seat I cannot rest either the left elbow or the right elbow to be able to hold the steering comfortably. The placement of the elbow support on the left hand side is especially bad. It is too far away from the elbow and is not useable. Even the right elbow support is not great but not as bad as left one.

Favorite Features

Fuel Mileage Power Smooth handling Styling Bluetooth Music Interface Trunk space

Suggested Improvements

Complete redesign of the elbow support such that they are usable. Make the sun-glass holder on the roof big enough to hold modern sunglasses or just remove it.

Very good value for the money
By leodc

2011 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

We purchased a brand new 2011 Audi 4 with the Premium package and so far 12K miles on it. After test driving BMW 3 series (even the Diesel), and Mercedes Benz C class (which is quite boring to drive), we decided to get an Audi 4 and it's been a nice ride so far. The only thing I miss (I used to own a GTI), is the fun to drive. But I surely don't miss going to the dealer every month for repairs.

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design is superb. The LED and Xenon lights are outstanding. Heated seats are great in winter. Great gas mileage. I drive fast in the city and I get an average of 25 miles per gallon. 35 miles per gallon in the highway.

Suggested Improvements

I hate leather seats -unfortunately all the top brands only offer leather.