2011 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Oil Oil Oil and it beeps too much
By paul_p_2011_a4 on 04/01/14 07:47 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi A4 2.0T Avant Premium quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

If you want a car that needs lots of oil, like a Qt once a month and that beeps a lot, (why) this is it/ Looks awesome, drives great and good in the snow (with snow tires) but it drinks oil and Audi of America will not fix the cars. Any Audi/VW with the 2.0T will consume oil. Up to 1 Qt every 1000 mi. Do the math, then but a Japanese or American car. I have had Audis for 20 years and this is it, Done.... Oh, If you open the door there is a loud beep/ warning that door open lights on, seatbelt, Gets old quick. Also controls for heat/radio/phone are too complicated with several clicks to get where you want. no "one touch" options.

2011 Audi A4 have faulty rings and burn oil
By zmanr on 03/03/14 12:57 PM (PST)

2011 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is a known issue - just goggle Audi A4 oil consumption problems and you will see. Audi has refused a recall and the fix - new rings and pistons - costs between $6000 - $7000. It's really disappointing that Audi has not stepped up to address this on a broader scale.

Used to love Audis :(
By audikate on 08/15/13 18:37 PM (PDT)

2011 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

It absolutely breaks my heart to write this review (seriously, I'm emotionally attached to my Audis)... I have been driving Audi/VW for the past 15-16 years. This was my first new Audi purchase (I had previously bought used). Car was AWESOME for the first 1.5 years. In the past 6 months it has started an problem burning/consuming oil. First, I had to add one quart of oil between changes (every 5000 miles), which we are told is within spec for this Audi. It has progressively gotten worse and is now burning so much I have to add a quart every 750 miles. Audi would not do an oil consumption test until it got BELOW 800 miles. IF Audi fixes the problem, I think I'll have to switch brands. :(

Great Car
By rrocks on 06/19/13 17:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Loved this car. Had it for two years and 20K miles and had no problems. Decided to try something new but then was kicking myself and missing my Audi. Enjoyed the handling and speed and the pick-up. It felt like a race car, even though it looked like a sedan. I had absolutely no problems with this car, although I did have to add half a quart of oil at about 8K and 18K miles -- very minor and not a problem at all.

Great car with one fatal flaw for long distance commuters
By regularbloke on 07/30/11 13:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I was looking for entry level luxury sedan. I drove Infiniti G35 and Audi A4. Planned to test BMW and Mercedes as well but liked A4 so much that I just bought it. After driving for four months and more than 6000 miles, I am not sure if it was the right decision. I am 5' 11'' 175lbs male. I drive 38 miles one way to work. The front seats are comfortable but once I adjust my seat I cannot rest either the left elbow or the right elbow to be able to hold the steering comfortably. The placement of the elbow support on the left hand side is especially bad. It is too far away from the elbow and is not useable. Even the right elbow support is not great but not as bad as left one.

Very good value for the money
By leodc on 06/14/11 12:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

We purchased a brand new 2011 Audi 4 with the Premium package and so far 12K miles on it. After test driving BMW 3 series (even the Diesel), and Mercedes Benz C class (which is quite boring to drive), we decided to get an Audi 4 and it's been a nice ride so far. The only thing I miss (I used to own a GTI), is the fun to drive. But I surely don't miss going to the dealer every month for repairs.

Fun car, but build quality needs improvement
By audis4driver on 04/16/11 07:05 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my first Audi, and in general I am impressed. It's a fun car to drive. The gas mileage is outstanding, while the engine is responsive. I think it is one of the better looking cars inside and out in the segment. However, Audi really needs to step up their build quality. I do a lot of driving and rack up miles quickly. Right now I have 15,000 miles on the car and there are rattles everywhere. Most recently on the side of the dash by the drivers side door a piece of plastic came lose. I was told by my dealer that integrity issues are only covered up to 12,000 miles, and they wouldn't fix it under warranty. Really disappointing and a good way to kill a customer relationship.

Spectacular Beauty
By cottonmouthbev on 03/18/11 00:48 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just picked up my 2011 A4 Manual Quattro and I cannot stop ogling at this car. In fact, I'm jealous of people outside the car because they can see how stunningly gorgeous it is. This car simply stands out as the best combination of finesse, power and style. I'm not sure if car designs can improve much on this overall shape because after a certain point, aesthetic appeal gets lost in radical designs. I have the premium package which does not sport the LED lights but without them, the headlights are leaner and more aggressive looking and it's intense. As for the interior, it's plush and solid while having being supremely user friendly after a quick run over of the controls.

Had it for 6 months an still enjoy it!
By renems on 02/03/11 11:48 AM (PST)

2011 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Car I purchased: A4 Quattro (8-speed) Premium Plus w/ sports package and all the additional "esthetic upgrades". I bought this car in August of '10. I wasn't entirely sure how comfortable I was with getting a first rev. of the 8 speed. So far, so good however there are a few things I've noticed which I've listed under "improvements". I tried the 2011 BMW 335d, 2010 A4 Quattro, 2010 G35, 2011 ES350, 2010 C300. To be honest the acceleration of the BMW diesel and fuel economy far surpass the A4. However the A4 surpasses the BMW in a couple categories, one being safety. The other being CUP holders!

A4 avant prestige sport 19 inch
By ysde on 12/29/10 19:30 PM (PST)

2011 Audi A4 2.0T Avant Premium quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

need a family car. thought about s4 but thought the avant was more practical. did not want a suv - simply more weight and a higher center of gravity leads to a dull driving exp. Any audi you but you must get the sports package and quattro otherwise you might as well buy something else. The car i got is loaded - prestige - b & o radio makes a big difference, side assist, etc. The steering is a little light but the handling is very good overall. the engine is more than adequate. i was concerned about this - previous car i had delivered 330 hp. i notice the difference but the overall package of the audi is excellent. This is what you get when you buy an audi - great overall package

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Audi A4 in VA is:

$143 per month*