Understated sports/lux sedan
By 95814 on
2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I feel that the A4 slots nicely between the soft C-Class and business-like 3-Series and provides the driver with a nice balance between luxury and performance. I replaced my A3 with a 2.0T quattro Premium Plus with the sport package because I love this engine. Some people may turn their noses up at a four-banger but there's plenty of torque to merge onto the freeway and to pass, with decent mileage to boot. I've never been in a situation where I said, "Boy I wish I had a six." The quattro tracks very well through corners with just a slight, but predictable amount of understeer. It rains a fair amount in the winter where I live and having AWD is a nice safety feature.
Favorite Features
Everyone should know about Audi's interiors--they're excellent. The quality of the materials is excellent. Fit and finish is excellent. Ergonomics are excellent. Highway mileage is really good, I consistantly get 30+ crusing at 70. The hydraulic parking brake disengages itself at a certain throttle input, which is comes in handy while parked on a hill. The MMI has full iPod/iPhone integration meaning your all of your playlists are accessable through the interface. The trunk is huge!
Suggested Improvements
Early on I took a nail high in the sidewall of the OEM Pirelli P7 Cinturato tires and goodness gracious it was expensive to replace ($313). There are other OEM max performance Summer tires available at a lower price point. Dialing a phone number via Bluetooth through the MMI is a pain. A touchscreen would be an improvement over the rotary knob.