First, trepidation. Now, I'm sold.
By The Gardener on
2010 Audi A4 2.0T Avant Premium quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
It was never my original intention to own an Audi and I signed on the dotted line with some trepidation. 4 months and 4000 miles later, I am sold! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it's the A4 Avant's looks that got me hooked in the first place. Our recent 2500 mile round trip down the I5 to California confirmed the comfort of the seats, the agility of the car, it's handling and the surprising acceleration. It's still hard to believe that a 4 cylinder 2.0 liter engine lies under the hood. The Ipod audio interface is the best I have come across and the upgraded Bang and Olufsen system was a blast on such a long trip. The fuel economy was surprising good for an all wheel drive.
Favorite Features
The looks, especially the LED lamps. Interior design and ergonomics. Comfort. The upgraded sound system and Ipod integration is one of the best. Excellent Acceleration and handling - very agile and sure footed. Excellent fuel economy - 32 mpg highway, 28 urban, 24 mpg city driving.
Suggested Improvements
Cargo capacity, while adequate, could be larger. The Symphony sound system accepts the older SD cards only - ability to read SDHC cards is definitely desirable. The low speed shudder in the steering while parking on smooth surfaces (commonly reported) is disconcerting and should be fixed.