2010 Audi A4 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Be careful with this one

2010 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

2.0T Premium Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo CVT Automatic)

Be careful with this one
By Kathryn on

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I absolutely loved this car until there were oil problems at 2500 miles. At usage of 1500 miles (I bought it with 1000 on it), my car indicated low oil. As it had not been leaking, my car was burning it. Audi of America and the dealer said this was in spec, that turbo engines burned it. They offered to put a quart in every time. They could not answer to the long-term ramifications however and did not want to fix it. Had I known that my car required a quart of oil per 1500 miles I would not have purchased it because something seems wrong here. ONLY the 09-10 A4s do this. Turbo engines shouldn't burn that much. It affects my fuel efficiency and has taken away the joy of owning a new car.

Favorite Features

Drives beautifully, love the hands free devices and steering tightness. Its a gorgeous car, inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

Diagnose these issues and pay attention to your consumers or at least TELL us beforehand. Audi has zero literature on this problem, which it seems many owners have. This is an issue ONLY applies to the redesigned 2009-2010s.
By rickallen
on 12/13/10 13:41 PM (PST)

Really?! Putting oil in your car takes away the joy of owning a new car? My car burns gas, the tires wear, brakes wear, and the leather fades. It's part of owning a car. Oil is an organic material that breaks down just like tires, brakes, or any other consumable on your car. Does drinking water take away the joy of being human?