Used 2010 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Audi A4 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Don't get the CVT
By columbiaguy

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I was given this car as a loaner car while my 06 A4 was being repaired. Even though my older A4 was broken, I still prefer it ten times over this new model. The CVT hesitation is absolutely unbearable! Do not buy the front wheel drive car with the CVT because you will regret it. The new A4 redesign is nice, but I actually think that the old A4 was prettier, and more engaging. This new one just feels similar to a Lexus, with less reliability. You feel disconnected from the road, and in a German car, that is not a good thing since that is the whole reason you buy one.

MMI interface for IPOD, smooth cruising on the highway, effortless acceleration at highway speeds.

Discontinue the horrible CVT transmission, make LED/xenon headlamps standard, improve seat comfort. Reissue that wonderful Audi character. If I had wanted a Lexus I would have gone there.

Great Car!
By jpr

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Did a lot of research and decided on the A4 over 328xi. Fuel economy of the 2.0TSFI, and the 258lbft of torque really put it over the top. Sport suspension w/ quattro is definitely the way to go, great handling but not too firm on rough roads. Steering is firm and relatively good feedback. Sport seats are great with bigger side bolsters. Interior is comfortable, quiet, and fits two car seats in the back. MMI took a bit to get used to, but easy to use once I got used to it. Same with the cruise control, digital display of set speed is a nice touch. Car has been great on several road trips w/ family of 4. Trunk is huge, 2 suitcases + portable crib w/ room to spare.

SD card slot in stereo is awesome. Two or three cards in the ashtray and I have most of my music library w/o having to plug in my iPod. Sport suspension is A LOT of fun on winding river roads. The 2.0TFSI sounds small, but has plenty of acceleration. Controls are well thought out.

LED running lights and tail lights should be standard on Premium. Same with full feature driver information center and bluetooth. If Ford can do it, Audi should be able to as well.

Very Good, Could be Great
By Mike W.

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I enjoy my daily commute more than ever. This is my 9th car and by far the most enjoyable to drive. Build quality and attention to detail is superb. Only complaint is poor thigh and lumbar support.

Engine, handling and build quality.

More supportive seats. Move iPod cable to center console from glove box. Second console upholder is useless.

Hard to Beat
By jmcycle

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had this car for about a month and 600 miles. So far, it is awesome- handling, comfort, and power are amazing. I am excited and proud every time I get in it. It has made me re- think the numbers (i.e. horsepower) on paper. I don't understand how something with "only" 211hp can be so fast. I also test drove the BMW 328IX and it didn't feel anywhere near as fast as this car. I also love that I get such good gas mileage out of something with so much power. Safety is unmatched as well-5 stars in every category.

Turbo offers superb power while still getting good gas mileage. LED running lamps. Bluetooth syncs the contacts from your cell phone. AWD handling.

An SOS system similar to BMW's (or Onstar). Ability to have keyless start without having to get the Prestige model.

Premium Plus w/MMI
By Tony K.

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I purchased a 2010 A4, Premium Plus with FrontTrak after testing driving many cars including BMW 328i, Mercedes C300, Lexus I250, Infiniti G37 and Lincoln MKz. All cars I test drove were very good but the Audi A4 was the best in my opinion. Audi A4 was the perfect blend of a beautiful exterior, high quality sports sedan with peppy engine performance with exceptional handing and a large, well appointed interior cabin with leg room. The last part was very important to me. I am 6’2” tall so I did not want to feel cramped inside the car. The A4 has more room than a BMW 328/MB 300/Lexus I250. The A4 is also a very good looking car. I receive many complements on its exterior and interior looks.

Exterior design including the Xenon headlights and LED running lights are very striking. I am getting around 32 MPG yet the engine acceleration is very good. Multitronic transmission is smooth. The MMI is a easy interface to my I-POD. The interior with leather is beautiful. Leg room is very good.

I waited 8 months of driving before submitting this review. The only reason I gave a 9 on the interior design is that I wished Audi offered cooling seats. Outside of that I cannot offer an improvement to this great car.