2010 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews 4

2010 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

2010 A4 Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Amazing Car (Prem + w/ sport package)
By blwrx20

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I must admit I have not had this car very long to date, but the fit and finish of this car is excellent. The engine power is adequate from the 2.0T base, but with aftermarket performance upgrades that are safe and relatively inexpensive this car can really be made to move. I'm 6'2'' and interior fit is nice, sport seats are comfortable. Ride with the sport package is great and fuel economy thus far is about middle of the road. Highly recommend this car.

Favorite Features

B&O radio, sport package, rain sensing wipers, seats to name just a few.

Suggested Improvements

Bring over a larger engine turbo diesel to give another engine option for the A4. Make it easier to choose options without having to make a $3,000 package upgrade.

Disappointed
By jim373

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just bought a new 2010 A4 with A/T. Found the steering too light and steering doe not return to neutral after a turn at normal speed. This requires more attention and correction from driver; making the car unpleasant if not unsafe to drive. Acceleration is acceptable, but fuel economy is bad. For 70% highway and 30% light local driving, I averaged only 21MPG. That's what I get for my 05 V6 Accord. Also find the controls unfriendly and complicated to use.

Suggested Improvements

Retune engine to same HP output as the TTS and make controls less complicated to use. Fix the steering!!!

My Baby
By Kaje

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car has exceeded all of my expectations. I purchased it in the fall of 2008. The gas mileage is unreal: occasionally I will get 37 mpg on the highway (10 mpg better than EPA projected). I am 6 foot 6 inches and it feels like this car is tailored for me. My father fits at 6 foot 11 inches and he it works for him as well. The LEDs are a must, as I have gotten an innumerable amount of glances and BMW 3 series' wanting to race because of them. The Audi A4 is just as capable if not more so than the other cars with which it competes. The grip is unreal. And while other cars are sliding around on the ice, it drives just like it would on asphalt. This car is a dream.

Favorite Features

LED headlights, Quattro, Single-Frame grill, luscious interior, simple elegant design, tan leather, the beige wood w/ metal trim, bluetooth, Audi Music Interface, turn signal on the side-view mirrors, acceleration, the way it takes corners, the way the chicks drool over it, the hum of the engine.

Suggested Improvements

One tire keeps losing air and I keep taking it back to Audi. But they have been nothing but helpful, they even paid for a new tire altogether!

A well put together Machine
By Dan

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have had my new A4 for about 5 months and it is the best car I've ever owned. I attended one of those Audi Driving experiences where they let you drive a Lexus, Mercedes and BMW, as well as the A4 and while the A4 wasn't superior in every category, it was the all around winner (atleast for me) Interior design is sleek and quality, exterior styling turns heads when I drive by. Fuel efficiency is off the charts, 24mpg city, and 33 highway, although I have taken a couple long highway trips and gotten 34-35mpg. I will admit, Audi's past quality issues made me think twice about buying. I hope reviews of this model were correct.

Favorite Features

Interior styling, AWD, Exterior Styling.

Suggested Improvements

I agree with some others, the mmi should also have a touch screen. Also, A4's should come with a heated steering wheel. Not a huge deal but this level of car should have one. Also, Audi really needs to offer the TDI version of the A4 in the US. I would have bought it in a second.

steering problem
By jimbo

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After a turn, the steering wheel does not return to "straight" properly (too slow) which makes driving a bit nerve racking and seemed unsafe.

Suggested Improvements

Make AC and bluetooth controls more friendly to use.

Changing continents
By barryxe

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Previously owned 2 Lexus GS models-the first was a rocketship, and the second a more desirable sedate sporting sedan. The Audi is a lesser car but a more fun and responsive car to drive and the 4 cylinder turbo is comparable to the 1st big engined Lexus I had-- much more road responsive. I have the MMI-Navigation package and it is so-so. Too many buttons, too many steps to do the basics. Favorite stations--push radio, push presets, turn the MMI dial to your stations-- what ever happened to the push button. Navigation--difficult, the Germans should look at touch screen. Two cup holders, but one is too small to fit anything. Seats need a lot of tweaking to get the right fit.

Favorite Features

Driving--very responsive, good visibility from all mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign MMI and use touch screen. Too many button for too few useful functions.

Best of the best
By JSK

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Premium Plus 2.0T Quattro 6 sp manual- Love at first drive-or maybe even before that! I switched from a Subaru Outback 2.5XT which I loved, but this takes all prizes hands down. My requirements- AWD, safe, solid & responsive handling. Shopped Sub, MB,BMW,Inf- Results: Best value. no contest. Incredible performance in sun, rain and snow, the manual shifts with control and grace. Exceptional braking and handling, seats have tireless support and comfort without confining. Comfortable for a family of four, but styled for a single executive. love the B&O upgrade- highly recommended! I wish everyone could own one...the world would be a happier, safer place! Drive it, you'll understand.

Favorite Features

Handling, acceleration & braking,lights both interior (nicely placed inside, well illuminated even with black interior)and exterior, one tap windows up/down, one tap lane change directional, comfortable/supportive seats, B&O sound, meteor gray paint looks like liquid metal and seems resilient

Suggested Improvements

Auto dimming mirror with compass should be available as an option on all 3 packages, this was a major disappointment to me as I didn't get Nav, some difficulty seeing lower objects without mirrors when in reverse

Das Ist Audi
By Audi

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The A4 quattro drives like it is on rails. The car reacts well and the road can be pleasingly felt. The A4 is appropriate to take business clients and passengers due to the large size and interior.

Favorite Features

The trunk is big. I like that. Manual transmission with quattro.

Suggested Improvements

Speedometer - It is relatively difficult to determine your speed because of the small area the usable spectrum takes up; this also forces you to look for your current speed in an unusual position. MMI is goofier than manual buttons in my opinion.

Exceptional vehicle!
By Phil

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Due to inclimate weather in my area this year, it was perfect timing for owning this vehicle. The initial quality of this car is impressive. Clean, well thought out, and overall pleasing on the eyes. Everything you touch within the car feels great. I went with the manual option and since the car is so fun to drive, I donít believe Iím getting the ratings suggested. Iím sure if I wasnít to drive so aggressively, my MPG ratings would improve. The new A4 is larger, stronger, better looking, better MPG - than the BMW 3-series or C-class. I havenít owned it long enough to speak in regards to its reliability. Regardless, I think I made the right choice...

Favorite Features

Quattro, ESP, TSFI, LEDs, Quality, Style, MPG, AMI and other features.

Like it better every day
By redherring1

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Replaced my trusty '04 Acura TL, ended up with a Premium Plus A4. Wanted a sporty AWD sedan, and there aren't many--cross shopped the G37X Infiniti and Cadillac CTS, but the Audi is so solid, well-executed and efficient (both size and performance) that even with higher overall performance the others didn't compare. I've never been in a car that feels more connected to the road in the dry, and in the wet or snow the thing tracks like a billy goat--on snow packed roads I've had a hard time getting it to break loose, even intentionally. If the long-term reliability is there, this car is an absolute winner.

Favorite Features

Cool LED lighting Handling wet or dry Outstanding acceleration for 211 hp. Quality materials--noticeably better than the Acura Big trunk, fold down rear seats Gas mileage--1000 miles of mostly city driving in winter conditions, 24.5 mpg! Perfect size--not too big or small.

Suggested Improvements

Driver memory seat and auto dimming mirror only available with Prestige package, an $8,000 upgrade that includes about $7500 of stuff I don't need--stupid on an almost $40k car.