Used 2010 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Oil Consumption
By A4owner

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After 10,000 miles I find myself shuttling to the dealer every 5th weekend for the last 6 months due to the low oil indicator. They have done an consumption test and they report this is within normal for this engine. They have nothing else to offer. After spending 40K I expected more. After reading on the internet, I see that this has been a common problem. I suggest staying away. You've been forewarned.

oil consumption

Be careful with this one
By Kathryn

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I absolutely loved this car until there were oil problems at 2500 miles. At usage of 1500 miles (I bought it with 1000 on it), my car indicated low oil. As it had not been leaking, my car was burning it. Audi of America and the dealer said this was in spec, that turbo engines burned it. They offered to put a quart in every time. They could not answer to the long-term ramifications however and did not want to fix it. Had I known that my car required a quart of oil per 1500 miles I would not have purchased it because something seems wrong here. ONLY the 09-10 A4s do this. Turbo engines shouldn't burn that much. It affects my fuel efficiency and has taken away the joy of owning a new car.

Drives beautifully, love the hands free devices and steering tightness. Its a gorgeous car, inside and out.

Diagnose these issues and pay attention to your consumers or at least TELL us beforehand. Audi has zero literature on this problem, which it seems many owners have. This is an issue ONLY applies to the redesigned 2009-2010s.

Sharp Car
By Mark

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased the A4 Premium Plus Quattro with the 6spd manual. So Far its been a great car for the two months I've owned it. Has a nice wide stance and pretty roomy compared to earlier models. Love the LED daylight running lights. The LED tail lights are pretty slick also. Descent power for a 4 cylinder. Sound system not bad, controls take a while to get used to. Read on forums that the turbo burns oil, but at 1200mi I'm still good. Can't wait to see how it does on the snow/ice. Interior is very sharp, except for small useless drink holder up front and flimsy drink holder in back. Shouldn't have to use two hands to set a drink down. Minor flaws I guess for an otherwise great car.

The LED lights, firm grip of the road with the quattro, and the sharp looking interior.

Better cup holders and more standard options on the premium plus pkg rather than paying 10 to 15k more for seat memory, dimming mirrors, and navigation.

Fantastic
By Lee

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My third Audi A4 and my favorite so far. The Turbo 2.0 FSI is strong and turbo lag is almost non-existent. Watch it on the highway as it creeps up to 80 MPH quickly and it doesn't feel like you are anywhere near that speed. The Premium Plus package has some really nice features and the MMI is very easy to use. Voice command feature with the NAV is awesome! No problems at all with the vehicle after 9000 miles. Amazing highway fuel economy!! 200 mile highway trip yielded 38 MPG at 70 MPH on a Quattro! Not hard to get high 20's in stop and go traffic.

MMI, voice NAV, iPod connection, bluetooth handsfree, display controls, fit and finish is great (first time I didn't get the black leather interior), sunroof controls are much better now as well. Rear view camera is useful.

iPod connector outside the glove box. Do I need a speedo that hits 60 in the first 45 degrees of travel? (Thanks for the digital option though) More comfortable front seats might be nice on long trips.

Impressed
By drseid

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I intended on buying a BMW 128i, but after taking a test drive and being a bit unimpressed (as well as being unimpressed with the dealer), I decided on the A4 and could not be happier. Other cars I considered were the Mini Cooper S and the Mercedes 300. My previous car was a 2007 Audi A3 which I definitely enjoyed. I thought the A4 would just be a larger version of the A3 and would offer a similar driving experience. I was definitely wrong! In just about every area the A4 is the better car (and this is coming from someone who liked the A3). It drives more surely with the Quattro, is *much* more comfortable, and handles brilliantly. Bottom line is I am glad I went with the A4.

Appearance, Quattro, overall handling, 2.0T engine performance and front seat comfort and support.

The speedometer is somewhat confusing and the packages make you need to buy many useless items in order to get a couple nice to haves that you want (eg. the Prestige Package). MMI is a bit confusing and could be improved.