Used 2010 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Audi A4 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Sharp Car
By Mark

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased the A4 Premium Plus Quattro with the 6spd manual. So Far its been a great car for the two months I've owned it. Has a nice wide stance and pretty roomy compared to earlier models. Love the LED daylight running lights. The LED tail lights are pretty slick also. Descent power for a 4 cylinder. Sound system not bad, controls take a while to get used to. Read on forums that the turbo burns oil, but at 1200mi I'm still good. Can't wait to see how it does on the snow/ice. Interior is very sharp, except for small useless drink holder up front and flimsy drink holder in back. Shouldn't have to use two hands to set a drink down. Minor flaws I guess for an otherwise great car.

Favorite Features

The LED lights, firm grip of the road with the quattro, and the sharp looking interior.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders and more standard options on the premium plus pkg rather than paying 10 to 15k more for seat memory, dimming mirrors, and navigation.

Fantastic
By Lee

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My third Audi A4 and my favorite so far. The Turbo 2.0 FSI is strong and turbo lag is almost non-existent. Watch it on the highway as it creeps up to 80 MPH quickly and it doesn't feel like you are anywhere near that speed. The Premium Plus package has some really nice features and the MMI is very easy to use. Voice command feature with the NAV is awesome! No problems at all with the vehicle after 9000 miles. Amazing highway fuel economy!! 200 mile highway trip yielded 38 MPG at 70 MPH on a Quattro! Not hard to get high 20's in stop and go traffic.

Favorite Features

MMI, voice NAV, iPod connection, bluetooth handsfree, display controls, fit and finish is great (first time I didn't get the black leather interior), sunroof controls are much better now as well. Rear view camera is useful.

Suggested Improvements

iPod connector outside the glove box. Do I need a speedo that hits 60 in the first 45 degrees of travel? (Thanks for the digital option though) More comfortable front seats might be nice on long trips.

Impressed
By drseid

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I intended on buying a BMW 128i, but after taking a test drive and being a bit unimpressed (as well as being unimpressed with the dealer), I decided on the A4 and could not be happier. Other cars I considered were the Mini Cooper S and the Mercedes 300. My previous car was a 2007 Audi A3 which I definitely enjoyed. I thought the A4 would just be a larger version of the A3 and would offer a similar driving experience. I was definitely wrong! In just about every area the A4 is the better car (and this is coming from someone who liked the A3). It drives more surely with the Quattro, is *much* more comfortable, and handles brilliantly. Bottom line is I am glad I went with the A4.

Favorite Features

Appearance, Quattro, overall handling, 2.0T engine performance and front seat comfort and support.

Suggested Improvements

The speedometer is somewhat confusing and the packages make you need to buy many useless items in order to get a couple nice to haves that you want (eg. the Prestige Package). MMI is a bit confusing and could be improved.

Don't get the CVT
By columbiaguy

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I was given this car as a loaner car while my 06 A4 was being repaired. Even though my older A4 was broken, I still prefer it ten times over this new model. The CVT hesitation is absolutely unbearable! Do not buy the front wheel drive car with the CVT because you will regret it. The new A4 redesign is nice, but I actually think that the old A4 was prettier, and more engaging. This new one just feels similar to a Lexus, with less reliability. You feel disconnected from the road, and in a German car, that is not a good thing since that is the whole reason you buy one.

Favorite Features

MMI interface for IPOD, smooth cruising on the highway, effortless acceleration at highway speeds.

Suggested Improvements

Discontinue the horrible CVT transmission, make LED/xenon headlamps standard, improve seat comfort. Reissue that wonderful Audi character. If I had wanted a Lexus I would have gone there.

Great Car!
By jpr

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Did a lot of research and decided on the A4 over 328xi. Fuel economy of the 2.0TSFI, and the 258lbft of torque really put it over the top. Sport suspension w/ quattro is definitely the way to go, great handling but not too firm on rough roads. Steering is firm and relatively good feedback. Sport seats are great with bigger side bolsters. Interior is comfortable, quiet, and fits two car seats in the back. MMI took a bit to get used to, but easy to use once I got used to it. Same with the cruise control, digital display of set speed is a nice touch. Car has been great on several road trips w/ family of 4. Trunk is huge, 2 suitcases + portable crib w/ room to spare.

Favorite Features

SD card slot in stereo is awesome. Two or three cards in the ashtray and I have most of my music library w/o having to plug in my iPod. Sport suspension is A LOT of fun on winding river roads. The 2.0TFSI sounds small, but has plenty of acceleration. Controls are well thought out.

Suggested Improvements

LED running lights and tail lights should be standard on Premium. Same with full feature driver information center and bluetooth. If Ford can do it, Audi should be able to as well.