2010 Audi A4 Consumer Review: 2010 Audi A4 Burns Oil

2010 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

2.0T Premium quattro Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

2010 Audi A4 Burns Oil
By richfig23 on

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

If you think it's Ok paying $45K for an A4 with all the bells and whistles, but then need to add a quart of oil to engine every 3 months like you used to have to do with your first car when you were 16 yrs old, then by all means buy an Audi A4. I too am having oil consumption problems of about 1QT of oil every 2,000 miles with my 2010 Audi A4 with 21k Miles. Audi has done an consumption test and they report this is within normal for this engine. Really? I have had this problem from delivery of the vehicle. I am now pursuing a Lemon Law case against Audi and am trying to let everyone know of this problem . Do your research & you will see this is a problem. You have been forewarned.

Do not use the 2.0 turbo 4 cylinder engine if it is going to consume oil the way it does.
By audia42010tlac
on 11/03/14 12:03 PM (PST)

I recently purchased a used Audi A4 2.0T and have found that it burns oil at a rate of 1qt every 1000 miles or so. I was worried it might've been due to other reasons, but notwithstanding, any manufacturer who tells you that its ok to have a higher end car do this is blowing smoke. I've owned many other cars and not one had this issue and it is simply unacceptable, unless they like a bad reputation and losing customers. It is not ok and if there evidence of many consumers having this issue and they are unwilling to repair at their cost, then a class action suite is definitely in order. Let me throw my hat into the ring on this one if needed. Where do I add my name to the suite?

By dbaron
on 10/10/12 15:45 PM (PDT)

I am ready to get rid of my 2010 A4 because of this problem. Had the same thing: every 3-4 months since I bought the car, the oil warning screamed at me (can't turn it off!) until I had quart of oil put in. Finally this year Audi has a "fix" for the problem they kept denying - ask your dealer about the "four point" program to fix this. Except - WAIT - didn't fix it. I love this car - had an A6 for 10 years before it - but I am not going to be dependent on finding oil every 3 months. Oh, and btw: MY dealer says it's normal to be down a quart every 1,200 miles on this car.