Used 2010 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Owned for less than 1000 miles
By hadalotofcars

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The CVT was not a responsive transmission like we thought it should be. The car was tastefully designed but the radio horrible to try to use. Loved the exterior design but way overpriced with a CVT

Loved the look - sport package, alloys, breathtaking

Buy a manual transmission or a quattro

Understated sports/lux sedan
By 95814

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I feel that the A4 slots nicely between the soft C-Class and business-like 3-Series and provides the driver with a nice balance between luxury and performance. I replaced my A3 with a 2.0T quattro Premium Plus with the sport package because I love this engine. Some people may turn their noses up at a four-banger but there's plenty of torque to merge onto the freeway and to pass, with decent mileage to boot. I've never been in a situation where I said, "Boy I wish I had a six." The quattro tracks very well through corners with just a slight, but predictable amount of understeer. It rains a fair amount in the winter where I live and having AWD is a nice safety feature.

Everyone should know about Audi's interiors--they're excellent. The quality of the materials is excellent. Fit and finish is excellent. Ergonomics are excellent. Highway mileage is really good, I consistantly get 30+ crusing at 70. The hydraulic parking brake disengages itself at a certain throttle input, which is comes in handy while parked on a hill. The MMI has full iPod/iPhone integration meaning your all of your playlists are accessable through the interface. The trunk is huge!

Early on I took a nail high in the sidewall of the OEM Pirelli P7 Cinturato tires and goodness gracious it was expensive to replace ($313). There are other OEM max performance Summer tires available at a lower price point. Dialing a phone number via Bluetooth through the MMI is a pain. A touchscreen would be an improvement over the rotary knob.

Smooth Ride, great AWD
By Rickallen

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in my 09 Jetta TDI. It was seriously one of my favorite cars, but now AWD had gotten me stuck more times than I'd like. Without an A4 TDI Quattro option, the 2.0T was the choice. The car is stunningly beautiful. Great lines, great lights, and hugely comfortable interior at least for me and my wife. Would have liked the S4 or at least the B&O sound, but the car is still very nice without them. Only gripes thus far are a vibrating steering column during reverse maneuvers, a lot of brake dust on the 18" wheels, and some funky controls. I love the lights and amenities that this car offers for a relatively low price compared to others in its class.

LED lights all around for great visibility, sport seat with extended thigh support, ipod interface, smooth and quiet ride. MPG have been averaging around 27, but I'm used to squeezing mpg out of a TDI, so my foot is light. Have gotten 32 on freeway runs.

A bit more rear seat knee room for passengers, TDI (I'll say that 1,000 times), better cup holders, longer lasting stock tires. I'm told to expect 12k out of the Pirelli P6 4 Seasons. Turbo doesn't seem to kick in until north of 4000 rpm where the diesel gave you a kick in the pants at 1700.

Oil Consumption
By A4owner

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After 10,000 miles I find myself shuttling to the dealer every 5th weekend for the last 6 months due to the low oil indicator. They have done an consumption test and they report this is within normal for this engine. They have nothing else to offer. After spending 40K I expected more. After reading on the internet, I see that this has been a common problem. I suggest staying away. You've been forewarned.

oil consumption

Be careful with this one
By Kathryn

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I absolutely loved this car until there were oil problems at 2500 miles. At usage of 1500 miles (I bought it with 1000 on it), my car indicated low oil. As it had not been leaking, my car was burning it. Audi of America and the dealer said this was in spec, that turbo engines burned it. They offered to put a quart in every time. They could not answer to the long-term ramifications however and did not want to fix it. Had I known that my car required a quart of oil per 1500 miles I would not have purchased it because something seems wrong here. ONLY the 09-10 A4s do this. Turbo engines shouldn't burn that much. It affects my fuel efficiency and has taken away the joy of owning a new car.

Drives beautifully, love the hands free devices and steering tightness. Its a gorgeous car, inside and out.

Diagnose these issues and pay attention to your consumers or at least TELL us beforehand. Audi has zero literature on this problem, which it seems many owners have. This is an issue ONLY applies to the redesigned 2009-2010s.