Used 2010 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

2010 Audi A4 2.0 T Prem Plus
By Bob W

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

#1. Oil consumption - when I purchased this car it used 1 qt oil every 1k to 1100k miles. I took it to the dealer. They worked on electronics and breather and added oil. They told me to drive it until the oil light came on. Record the miles driven. Bring it back for further tests. They took sample of oil and found metal in the oil. I was told that from 2009 - 2012, there was slag on the piston rings causing oil to drip and burn causing excess use of oil. Dealer replaced Pistons and rings. My car does not use any oil. Can go oil change to oil change without adding any oil. #2. Turbo - At approx 51 k miles, engine light came on. Took car to dealer for diagnostics. Turned out to be faulty turbo. Audi extended warranty of 7 years or 70k miles covered this repair. #3. Water pump - Replaced at approx 40k miles. Out of pocket expense. Approx $600.00. #4. Fuel injectors - While I have not had any problems with fuel injectors, there is extended warranty on the injectors of 12 years or 100k miles.

A4 is a total Lemon - Wish we didn't by the Audi
By Ken

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has been a total lemon. It is constantly in the shop with one expensive repair after another. The Audi dealership in Raleigh also makes it even worse. Lexus provides a much better experience when we bring in our cars there.

freaking garbage
By rj

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

excessive oil consumption, great ride ,excellent handling. my camry se can do that and cheaper too.

Oil Consumption fixed
By Hubert

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had this car at 37,000 miles certified preowned. Dealer tried to convince me that oil consumption (quart every 1000 miles ) is normal with turbo which is complete bullsh.... It was repaired at the warranty since I didn't believed and never stopped complaining. " Under the settlement agreement, current owners or lessees who have not already paid to have repairs made will be entitled to a replacement of the crankcase pressure regulating valve, front crankshaft seal and front crankshaft bolt. Additionally, the engine control module software will be updated to match the new part(s).

The agreement also gives owners and lessees an extended warranty of 4 years/50,000 miles to 8 years/80,000 miles (whichever occurs first) to cover any repair needed to correct excessive engine oil consumption.

Audi will also reimburse any affected owners of the 2009-2011 Audi A4, Audi A5 and the 2011 Audi Q5 for parts and labor on any previous repairs made for oil consumption problems."

Since than I have no problem. I used fully synthetic oil from Europe "Elf" every 10,000 miles and i am not adding even one drop of oil between intervals.
Love the car. I hope to keep it for next 100,000 miles. I changed Air filters, micro filter and Spark plugs two times. I am getting 30 or more mpg on Hwy and 27 in the city. Great car!!!! Next one i am getting is AUDI A4...

Great looking car - reliable? Not so much
By Kathy

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought the car certified pre owned in 2011 with 13k miles on it. Before 20k the oil light kept coming on. Took it to the dealer who said it was "normal" to use a lot of oil cause it's a turbo. Took it back to the dealer when we had to start putting a quart or more of oil in every 1000 miles. They had to go thru a 3 step process to "prove" the car had an oil consumption problem which involved 4 visits to the shop over the course of the better part of a year. They finally had to basically rebuild the top half of the engine. This was around 60k miles. Fast forward to just over 100k miles and the timing chain tensioner failed. Car was of course just out of warranty and despite technical bulletins on the issue and a class action lawsuit the Audi dealership didn't cut us any slack on the repair quote. Over $13k to rebuild the engine or $20k for a new one. We took it to a 3rd party shop and managed to get the work done for a "mere" $7k. The ignition coils have failed 3 times in the last year. Random lights keep failing. Fuel pump went bad at 112k miles. Car is now just around 120k miles and has multiple EPC faults, idles rough and randomly dies at low speeds. It's been in the shop 3 times in the last 3 months, still not fixed. This is without a doubt the worst vehicle I've ever owned. I once drove a 1972 Ford Ltd in the 90s that was more reliable. I would never buy another Audi and the only reason I'm still (attempting) to drive this one is its paid off. Except for the repair bills, those keep coming!