Used 2010 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

2.0t oil consumption solutions
By keegs1224

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

A review to all those having oil consumption problems: I bought my '10 a4 2.0t about a year ago off of a lease with about 16k on it. I was sick of bringing it to the dealer where I purchased it from for a top of because of the "oil min" light. IT IS NOT NORMAL. Switched my servicing to another Audi Dealer in the DC area, and they learned that my turbo and pistons were not made up to par with what my car required (something about a bad batch). Both my turbo and all oil parts were just replaced in hopes that it will solve the problem and will cause less oil to be burned without necessity. As long as you are persistant, they will fix the problem. Just don't bring it to a dbag dealer

Disappointed Audi Owner
By dfinlayson

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am so very disappointed in the performance of my 2010 Audi A4. June 13, 2013 with mileage at 111044 km I replaced both front wheel bearings and hubs at a cost of $1809.50. Then on June 24, 2013 (115240km) Pad Wear sensor had a broken wire. This required new front pads and rotors even though there was still available wear on the original pads. This problem cost $681.63. I have previously owned two Subaru Outbacks which I drove well over the 100,000 km mark. Neither required this type of extensive, expensive repair. Having to replace front wheel bearings at such low mileage doesn't seem reasonable to me. Is this something Audi A4s experience as the norm? Disappointed

Favorite Features

Exterior lines and look of the car. Really appreciate the cornering and get up and go.

Suggested Improvements

My husband find the seats very uncomfortable. He finds his F150 more comfortable. Needing to add oil every 2000 km!!!! What is that about. Navigation system does not work in rural areas of Canada

Audi A4 burns oil
By eric141

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought an Audi A4 in 2010. The car burns a quart of oil every 2,500 miles. I took it to the Danbury dealer, who told me the oil usage was normal because it was a highly efficient engine and the gas savings more than justified the hassle of replacing oil. I wished thes sales person would have told me that while I was shopping for a car. I would have bought another car.

2010 Audi A4 Burns Oil
By richfig23

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

If you think it's Ok paying $45K for an A4 with all the bells and whistles, but then need to add a quart of oil to engine every 3 months like you used to have to do with your first car when you were 16 yrs old, then by all means buy an Audi A4. I too am having oil consumption problems of about 1QT of oil every 2,000 miles with my 2010 Audi A4 with 21k Miles. Audi has done an consumption test and they report this is within normal for this engine. Really? I have had this problem from delivery of the vehicle. I am now pursuing a Lemon Law case against Audi and am trying to let everyone know of this problem . Do your research & you will see this is a problem. You have been forewarned.

Suggested Improvements

Do not use the 2.0 turbo 4 cylinder engine if it is going to consume oil the way it does.

2010 Audi A4 Buy used, It's a better bargain!!!!
By lcmm55

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought the A4 Prem Plus with Nav and Backup camera USED and certified from local Audi dealer. A 2012 would have been up around $45,000, I picked up the 2010 with 40k for $24,448. The car is absolutly amazing to drive considering I was driving an 04 Suburban daily. There is a huge learning curve with all the gadgets. I can live with that. Performance of the 2.0T is really nice. Took it on the highway around the corner and goes like hell, was doing 100 before I knew it. Then on another day took it to the casino about 75 miles one way, 36MPG at 60MPH on cruze. At these gas prices in CT that is a real pleasure. I was going to buy a new one year old Lacrosse(2011), but this was better.

Favorite Features

You know you bought above your level when you need the manual to turn off the auto wipers. The media player uses SD cards, very cool, even though it has an Ipod cable. Navigation desplays in the turn by turn in the center of the dash along with mpg, miles gone, radio station, SD card song, and much more. Amazing. Very distracting while driving, but thats the price you pay for this stuff. I had to memorize the buttons and after 3 weeks of ownership I am still learning. The displays show all the heater and dial settings so you don't have to look down at the center cockpit as Audi calls it. 6yr or 100,000 warranty for that price was the only way to go. Like new.

Suggested Improvements

None right now, Just waiting for my town's Connecticut property tax bill for this thing. But I wouldn't give it up for anything. Love the car, and I bought for my wife.