2010 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
2.0t oil consumption solutions
By keegs1224 on 07/31/14 13:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

A review to all those having oil consumption problems: I bought my '10 a4 2.0t about a year ago off of a lease with about 16k on it. I was sick of bringing it to the dealer where I purchased it from for a top of because of the "oil min" light. IT IS NOT NORMAL. Switched my servicing to another Audi Dealer in the DC area, and they learned that my turbo and pistons were not made up to par with what my car required (something about a bad batch). Both my turbo and all oil parts were just replaced in hopes that it will solve the problem and will cause less oil to be burned without necessity. As long as you are persistant, they will fix the problem. Just don't bring it to a dbag dealer

Disappointed Audi Owner
By dfinlayson on 07/03/13 17:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am so very disappointed in the performance of my 2010 Audi A4. June 13, 2013 with mileage at 111044 km I replaced both front wheel bearings and hubs at a cost of $1809.50. Then on June 24, 2013 (115240km) Pad Wear sensor had a broken wire. This required new front pads and rotors even though there was still available wear on the original pads. This problem cost $681.63. I have previously owned two Subaru Outbacks which I drove well over the 100,000 km mark. Neither required this type of extensive, expensive repair. Having to replace front wheel bearings at such low mileage doesn't seem reasonable to me. Is this something Audi A4s experience as the norm? Disappointed

Audi A4 burns oil
By eric141 on 10/21/12 17:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought an Audi A4 in 2010. The car burns a quart of oil every 2,500 miles. I took it to the Danbury dealer, who told me the oil usage was normal because it was a highly efficient engine and the gas savings more than justified the hassle of replacing oil. I wished thes sales person would have told me that while I was shopping for a car. I would have bought another car.

2010 Audi A4 Burns Oil
By richfig23 on 06/14/12 07:25 AM (PDT)

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

If you think it's Ok paying $45K for an A4 with all the bells and whistles, but then need to add a quart of oil to engine every 3 months like you used to have to do with your first car when you were 16 yrs old, then by all means buy an Audi A4. I too am having oil consumption problems of about 1QT of oil every 2,000 miles with my 2010 Audi A4 with 21k Miles. Audi has done an consumption test and they report this is within normal for this engine. Really? I have had this problem from delivery of the vehicle. I am now pursuing a Lemon Law case against Audi and am trying to let everyone know of this problem . Do your research & you will see this is a problem. You have been forewarned.

2010 Audi A4 Buy used, It's a better bargain!!!!
By lcmm55 on 02/26/12 11:29 AM (PST)

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought the A4 Prem Plus with Nav and Backup camera USED and certified from local Audi dealer. A 2012 would have been up around $45,000, I picked up the 2010 with 40k for $24,448. The car is absolutly amazing to drive considering I was driving an 04 Suburban daily. There is a huge learning curve with all the gadgets. I can live with that. Performance of the 2.0T is really nice. Took it on the highway around the corner and goes like hell, was doing 100 before I knew it. Then on another day took it to the casino about 75 miles one way, 36MPG at 60MPH on cruze. At these gas prices in CT that is a real pleasure. I was going to buy a new one year old Lacrosse(2011), but this was better.

Owned for less than 1000 miles
By hadalotofcars on 07/26/11 13:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The CVT was not a responsive transmission like we thought it should be. The car was tastefully designed but the radio horrible to try to use. Loved the exterior design but way overpriced with a CVT

Understated sports/lux sedan
By 95814 on 04/08/11 08:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I feel that the A4 slots nicely between the soft C-Class and business-like 3-Series and provides the driver with a nice balance between luxury and performance. I replaced my A3 with a 2.0T quattro Premium Plus with the sport package because I love this engine. Some people may turn their noses up at a four-banger but there's plenty of torque to merge onto the freeway and to pass, with decent mileage to boot. I've never been in a situation where I said, "Boy I wish I had a six." The quattro tracks very well through corners with just a slight, but predictable amount of understeer. It rains a fair amount in the winter where I live and having AWD is a nice safety feature.

Smooth Ride, great AWD
By Rickallen on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in my 09 Jetta TDI. It was seriously one of my favorite cars, but now AWD had gotten me stuck more times than I'd like. Without an A4 TDI Quattro option, the 2.0T was the choice. The car is stunningly beautiful. Great lines, great lights, and hugely comfortable interior at least for me and my wife. Would have liked the S4 or at least the B&O sound, but the car is still very nice without them. Only gripes thus far are a vibrating steering column during reverse maneuvers, a lot of brake dust on the 18" wheels, and some funky controls. I love the lights and amenities that this car offers for a relatively low price compared to others in its class.

Oil Consumption
By A4owner on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After 10,000 miles I find myself shuttling to the dealer every 5th weekend for the last 6 months due to the low oil indicator. They have done an consumption test and they report this is within normal for this engine. They have nothing else to offer. After spending 40K I expected more. After reading on the internet, I see that this has been a common problem. I suggest staying away. You've been forewarned.

Be careful with this one
By Kathryn on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I absolutely loved this car until there were oil problems at 2500 miles. At usage of 1500 miles (I bought it with 1000 on it), my car indicated low oil. As it had not been leaking, my car was burning it. Audi of America and the dealer said this was in spec, that turbo engines burned it. They offered to put a quart in every time. They could not answer to the long-term ramifications however and did not want to fix it. Had I known that my car required a quart of oil per 1500 miles I would not have purchased it because something seems wrong here. ONLY the 09-10 A4s do this. Turbo engines shouldn't burn that much. It affects my fuel efficiency and has taken away the joy of owning a new car.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Audi A4 in VA is:

$141 per month*