2009 Audi A4 Consumer Review: The best amongst the Germans

2009 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

3.2 Premium Plus quattro Sedan (3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

The best amongst the Germans
By Sulabh Dhanuka on

2009 Audi A4 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Like probably most people, I looked at the BMW 3, Benz C, Acura TL, and Infiniti G37 before finally settling on the A4. I wanted first and foremost a car that was fun to drive both on the daily commute and weekend trip. I also wanted a car that stood out. Unfortunately, it seems that everyone in this segment naturally gravitates towards the 3, usually because that is all they have heard of. What I found in the A4 is a car that gives me all the performance with real handsome looks both inside and out (yes, I am a sucker for those LED head lights). The car is incredible to drive, especially in Sports mode. While I miss the torque of the 2.0T, the 3.2 is the one to have.

Performance of the 3.2L engine, nimble handling, imperceptible gear shifts, turning radius, exterior styling, interior build quality, not the standard go to luxury sports sedan, trunk space, comfortable ride both when cruising and when truly driving

Fuel economy (even with 3.2L should be better), a little more torque, the BMW 3 definitely has better brakes, what is with the mini cup holders, and the standard audio is not up to par with the performance of the rest of the car.