Audi A4 Cabriolet
By JWS on
2009 Audi A4 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)
This car was leased for my wife. I owned a TT with a manual transmission a few years ago and we were attracted to this car by the excellent lease terms, appearance and the previous experience with Audi. The A4 has been back to the dealer twice in 3 weeks. The first time was due to wind noise and a water leak in the space between the front and rear driver's window. That was fixed. The second trip was because the automatic transmission (CVT) feels like it shifts from 1st to overdrive within about 2 seconds, causing significant loss of power. This even happens in sport mode. In addition, there is some lurching and hesitation upon initial acceleration. The dealer says this is "normal".
Favorite Features
Handling...The car feels like it is glued to the road. The steering feel is great and the suspension feels nice and tight. The Cabriolet with the S- Line package looks great. We get a lot of positive comments. Bluetooth works great. Interior fit and finish is excellent.
Suggested Improvements
The car is a slug. I believe this is due to the CVT transmission. I would recommend the Quattro or a manual. If you are going to choose the CVT, take a long test drive. I am not a teenager (I'm 56) and have owned more vehicles than I care to admit. This is by far the most sluggish ever.