2009 Audi A4 Consumer Review: Meh

2009 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

2.0T Premium Avant quattro Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

By Anonymous on

2009 Audi A4 2.0T Premium Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Quite frankly, it's hard to be ambivalent about $40k purchase, but I have to be honest with myself, and 9 months after purchasing this car, I can't say it's changed our lives. It's solidly built, but there's a fair amount of road noise. For all the self- congratulation from Audi about the increase in size, it's really not all that roomy. I think my wife's old 2001 Jetta had more room in the back. The MMI might be good compared to options from other manufacturers, but it's hardly intuitive. In sum, it's a solid but not outstanding effort.

The handling: sometimes the size feels awkward, but no matter the situation, you're always in control. Thank you AWD. Also, it's nice that key comes apart so you can take just the metal part with you if you're going for a run or a swim.

The visibility can be tricky. You sit so low that it can be hard to see over the hood (to the front), and the doorsills (to the side). I already mentioned the road noise issue....