2009 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
A4 Me
By S-Line Pilot on 06/25/09 11:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The commute has gotten a lot more pleasant since the A4 S-Line came in. The Audi is quiet, comfortable, and effortlessly easy to drive. The Alcantara seats are cooler than full leather in hot Louisiana summers. MMI is easy to use and useful after very short learning curve. The steering wheel scroll buttons make dialing phone numbers, radio surfing preset stations easy and safe. The daily commute is a 70/30 mix of highway (65-70 mph)and stop-n-go traffic and the Audi delivers an amazing avg 28-31 mpg with mindful throttle (depends on traffic, weather). Despite the 19" wheels and summer perf. tires the ride is firm without being jarring (test before buying). Gorgeous and feature laden.

Fun to drive
By lucy on 06/11/09 17:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was a previous MINI Cooper S owner and was looking for something else that was fun to drive. I spend about 2 hours of my day commuting and the Audi A4 Quattro 2.0 with the Premium Plus package fits what I need. It has fun and comfort. I'm a big tech geek and the A4 meets my needs. My favorite feature has to be the MMI. I had this car for almost 3 months and it has been excellent ever since except for a few strange rattle noises coming from the doors. It's a big head turner... so be prepared. I have had people in the freeway cruise up to me on the next lane, just so they can turn their head to view the led lights.

Very spirited car
By JDE on 06/10/09 11:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

09 A4 2.0T CVT Prem Plus Quartz Gray. Terrific styling with an equal balance of handling and performance to please the enthusiast. MPG, safety, features & opts are solid, only sedan w/ a D pillar. 2-Tone gray interior is best out of other sedans tested. Love the lane change tap w/ side mirror LED's. Multitronic CVT proves powerful, mechanical and engine notes (DFI techno) make me smile. All around a spirited and sporty car.

Worst car ever owned
By eoc42 on 06/02/09 05:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am 600 miles into an Audi A4 Quattro and it is the worst car I have ever owned. The driver seat is so uncomfortable I can only sit in the car for no more than 45 min. All the dealer suggested is to get a pad. The ride is awful - pebbles become large rocks, rough roads rattle your teeth. I am missing my old Ford 500 more every day. If you are considering this car be wary, take a long test drive.

Audi A4 3.2 Quattro Prestige, Sports Pac
By Bomchickawaawaa on 05/30/09 19:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My car choices when searching came down to the BMW 335 sedan, Lexus GS 350, and the Audi A4. I decided to purchase the A4 based on the features and price. The A4 has the quattro AWD, fold down rear seats, 14 speaker Bang and Olufsen system, bluetooth and navigation. I felt that the exterior styling and the better interior features of the A4 outweighed the engine performance of the 335i. The Lexus rear bumper styling just didn't grow on me. So far after driving the car for the first 1000 miles I am so happy about my decision. The A4 is fast off the line and pulling on the freeway in sports mode, the handling is great with the quattro, and it's very eye catching with the LED driving lights.

Outstanding
By Midwest on 05/21/09 20:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first entry level luxury sedan purchase. I'm very thorough in my research and compared BMW, Lexus and Audi. Performance, quality and style made Audi the best choice for me.

The Best of Both Worlds!
By gottahavethebest on 05/19/09 15:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've driven everything in this segment from Lexus IS, MBenz, to BMW and this car is the best combination of Luxury, Performance, and comfort. I chose the Prem Plus Sport Pkg with 18s and 6spd Manual! Audi has completely raised the bar with this one. The sport pkg takes the handling threshold into triple digits with ease. Plus I've been getting 31.3 MPG cruising between 72- 80mph hwy which is unheard of. I had a 2007 Infiniti G35x and never got north of 19MPG. Just drive the A4 once and you'll understand completely.

And it just gets better
By QuattroGuy on 05/17/09 21:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Our first experience with Audi came after my wife turned a triple 360 on a slick road in an Acura TL. For our next car purchase safety and engineering were at the top of the requirements list. After a 2002 A6, 2002 TT Roadster, and 2007 A4, we took possession of a 2009 A4 2.0T Quattro with Premier Plus option package. The improvements in the 2009 A4 are impressive and reflect Audi's continued excellence in engineering. This model, with it's increased length and width, adjustments to the engine mounts to reduce the vibration in the 2.0 four cylinder engine, and the tweaks to the acceleration off the line make us feel like we're back in our A6. Roomy, feature rich, rides on rails.

A4 Round Deux
By Endophil on 05/10/09 16:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I previously owned an 06 A4 with all bells and whistles in it and I loved the car. When it was up I got an 09 stick premium plus model with sport package and nav, and the car is amazing. The sport suspension really gives the car that sporty feel and the summer tires make the car hug the road and handle amazing. This car also has more low end torque which works really well when getting onto highways. The 2006 model was more sporty, but with the sport package it makes this car a great mix of sport and luxury.

Modern, but rough around the edges
By NewEnglander on 05/04/09 17:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this car for the winter weather performance, blend of fuel efficiency and power, stunning appearance, and advanced safety and technology features. Those the car achieves these easily. Living with the car for a while, I would love to give it back. The primary drawback of the vehicle is the very rough ride over 50 MPH. The vehicle seems to transmit every nuance of the road surface into the cabin, the seats, and the floor. The suspension is just far, far too firm. Riding on rougher roads is continuously distracting, with tiny road imperfections intruding into an otherwise palatial experience. I urge anyone considering this vehicle to do an extended test drive. I wish I had.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Audi A4 Sedan in VA is:

$134 per month*