Used 2009 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Great Car, but ...
By Jack K.

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the perfect car for my needs. It's "fun enough" to drive, looks good, and gets great fuel economy considering its size and performance. I've been a long-time VW and Audi owner and I really do think they offer a great trade-off between value and fun. However, this '09 A4 is similar to my past VWs and Audis as it still has a number of small (typical Audi) quality issues. This '09 A4 has suffered from an ignition switch failure, reverse backing light bulb installation issue, broken rear seat cup holder, and came with a defective exterior trim piece. None of these issues have been major but give me my usual uneasy feeling about owning this car for the long-term.

The general lay-out and design of the interior is great. The ipod interface is also pretty solid. I've gotten used to the oil level sensor and now like it.

At certain engine speeds & accel pedal position, engine torque oscillates a bit. The MMI system could include a few short-cuts (e.g., return to previous channel). The rear exterior lamps simply use push-in bulbs (no turn lock) -- which seems quite cheap. Brake fluid level seems hard to check.

From the outside to the inside, it is an awesome car
By Lisa

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Currently at 5,000 miles - quattro loaded, automatic, 4-door. From the outside to the inside, it is an awesome car. I have had zero problems out of the internal or external parts of the car. The major things that ppl suggest to improve for this car are not a problem for me with my car. No buyer's remorse here, just happiness even in the winter. One small note: If you have a back injury or something close to it, you may want to buy another model other than the A4. It's a sports model and it can be uncomfortable for you. The seats are low minus a lot of cushion.

The engine (fast), heated side mirrors in the winter, MMI, bluetooth, daylights, rear fog lights (very cool) & compliments from unknown and know ppl. This car gets lots of attention and was featured in the movie, "Ironman." Ha, gotta love it!

Improve the seats; put some cushion on those bad boys! If viewing other cars is a problem while driving, move the seats up! There's plenty of cargo space, but not enough room in the back seat. Anyone 5'5" and taller can not fit comfortably.

Magnificent suspension
By Craig Euritt

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The suspension on this car is magnificent! It handles curves like a slingshot, by far my favorite car so far.

Suspension

Twin Turbo

Questioning the Audi Quality
By oliver

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just took home a new 2009 Audi A4 quattro 4 dr sedan Premium plus today and just before we got home the car seemed to choke as I stepped on the accelerator. It was also showing a blinking check engine light on the dash board. It comes and goes but to think that you just got it out from the dealer and now you have to bring it back to have it checked for problems. We should have bought a more reliable car like a Honda or Toyota. It may not be as luxurious as an Audi but it sure is more cheap and RELIABLE.

Still not a Smooth Ride
By Pascal

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had my 2009 Audi for about 6 months now. Bought it slightly used with 12k, now has 20k. Love the looks, love the power, and love the quattro. But as hard as I try and as many times as I take it to the dealership, it still vibrates at speeds 75-85 MPH, as if the tires aren't quite balanced right. I spend a lot of time on the road and this drives me crazy! Also, I've developed several rattles in the speakers and other parts of the car. I had a 1996 Audi in the past that I would say I was much happier with than this car. Probably won't end up keeping it very long.

Turbo, AWD, Bluetooth.

Make my car drive smooth on the freeway! It's an Audi! C'mon! Oh, and maybe work on those rattles.