Used 2009 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Loving this car!
By RMW

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The new A4 is a terrific car. It's beautifully styled inside and out. It is comfortable to drive on long trips yet sporty and fun enough to drive fast on twisty roads. A lot of reviewers complain about the 4-cylinder engine and its buzz, but I love the sound of a turbo 4. I wish they had put the GTIs sound amplifier in the A4, but can understand why they didn't considering the different demographics. The main problem I have with the car is that it gets expensive when you start adding features other luxury car manufacturers include as standard. At an MSRP of $38K, the Premium Plus trim doesn't seem like a bargain against the 328XI, especially since the BMW has standard maintenance.

Favorite Features

Interior/Exterior, Engine, Handling, Fun to Drive, Comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Some complex and annoying controls. The fact that I couldn't find the sports package on any trim but the Prestige. The fact that even though the bluetooth and iPod adapter are listed as optional I couldn't find a model without them. Nice features to have, but would rather have the $1K in my pocket.

I think my live was worth $37K
By 100 miles a day

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I think this car saved my life. Cruising at ~30 mph, then I was rear ended at ~60 mph by a Nissan, then hit head-on by a Cadillac at ~35 mph! Audi was totaled but performed great, did not walk away, but "only" have a badly broken foot. Purchased new in spring of '09 versus a cpo a4 or BMW 3 series. The new 09 a4 was such a huge change and looked so good it was worth the extra $100/month to me. Wanted a standard 6 speed trans. But was strong armed into the auto/tiptronic. The quattro system is awesome, the 2.0 turbo had plenty of power and I averaged 30 mpg in mostly highway driving over 12k miles before it was totaled. Would reconsider with a manual trans. And clear-bra.

Favorite Features

Styling, LED/HID Headlights, Quattro drive and perfect firm but not too harsh suspension. The safety rating is no joke. Took 2 big hits and lived to tell!

Suggested Improvements

Tiptronic auto trans is not worth any extra $, I think the manual would make it drive even better. The paint is very very soft, stone chips and scratches way too easy. More wind noise than BMW. I would not buy the stock Pirelli P6 (AS) tires, they vibrated and always had cold/flat spots.

Beautiful
By Ray

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Very happy with this car so far. Was hesitant about purchasing an Audi as I have been partial to the reliability of Japanese brands for many years. The car had everything I was looking for. Good gas mileage, beautifully designed exterior and interior, safety features, good handling and responsiveness. This is my first Audi and I am hoping it will be as reliable as my previous Japanese made car.

Favorite Features

Large side view mirrors, SD card, bluetooth

Suggested Improvements

Better cushioned seats, slightly more compliant ride, simpler audio controls.

Navigation packet and blue tooth
By Andrea

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I got the navigation packet with the car and I am very disappointed with it. The navigation system is completely useless, difficult to use and find places, and lacks information about almost everything. It serves only for ornamental purposes as it doesn't take anybody anywhere. Even worse the situation, only two months after I got the car, I got the offer of the navigation update and ridiculously, I had to order and pay for it myself. This issue was not addressed by Fred Baker, the dealer, neither by audi after several calls and emails I made to them. The bluetooth does not connect to my phone either.

Love My A4
By Barrels41

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

A smile is on my face every day I drive this fabulous car. Youngsters compliment me on its looks. It sticks to the road like glue. Unbelievable confidence in bad weather. Great fuel economy. Incredible handling and steering. Stops on a dime. Sports package 18" wheels and sports suspension/seats option.

Favorite Features

LED daytime lights. Sports package suspension with 18" wheels option. So eye catching they they prevent accidents. Nice sound system (Not Bang & Olufsen). Attractive interior with high quality materials. 15,000 mile oil changes.

Suggested Improvements

Include more standard gadgets like Infiniti. Keyless entry standard. 2010 offers less standard options than my 2009. Burns oil between changes. 2009 has outdated Navigation. Offer all-season tires instead of summer tires on spots package option.