2009 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
A fun car to drive
By Danny on 08/10/09 21:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had the car about 7 months now and no major complaints, except for the wind (see below). The A4 drives well, though it's not quite as responsive as well as my 2006 BMW 5 series. Steering is tight, brakes are just a bit grabby, and power is strong. The AWD is the best, especially in heavy, slushy snow. The only complaint is that the wind buffets incessantly my face when the window is open. Poor wind engineering. And it's difficult to find a good open position of the sunroof so it doesn't make noise. Seems like it has to be readjusted for every speed level.

A Much Better A4
By datunlu on 08/06/09 14:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had the 06 A4. The 09 model is much bigger, for a tall guy like me, a great improvement. The LED light and the media control really made my decision much easier (we were choosing among Audi, BMW, MB, and Volvo). Best value for its class. It has been a month since we got it, we liked everything.

Great car but uncomfortable front seats
By JB on 08/02/09 12:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Both front seats proved to be uncomfortable during long driving periods. The problem is that the seat's side support bolsters are so high and firm (firmer than all other luxury cars of the same class) that they provide undue pressure on the hip bones. The outside side supporting plastic exacerbates the situation by noT allowing any amount of downward give of the seat. Thus, when exiting the vehicle, the plastic support and firm bolster provides undue pressure on legs.

Superb
By mynewaudi on 08/02/09 05:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I've had my Audi A4 for one week now. Excellent well designed car. Sharp styling with excellent design/fit and finish on the interior. MMI is really slick. Performance on the 2.0T is excellent - strong pull due to high torque. No problems with the CVT thus far. Exhaust note gives a good growl when accelerating. Pricing right now has been really good too!

Loved our Cab so much, bought a Sedan
By Hans on 07/31/09 11:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just picked up an Aruba Blue,Premium Plus with Navi and wood trim. My wife has a 2009 Cab (older platform) for about a year now. I love driving it so much that I shopped the end of season sales for a sedan for me and found a great deal. I was driving an '04 Accord with 100k trouble-free miles and had no desire to give it up. The Audi's driving dynamics, power and smoothness of the engine are great (even vs. Cab) and gas mileage is quite good. It's also the perfect size I was looking for. The gray interior is beautiful. The MMI is awesome as is the bluetooth and stereo. Seats very comfortable as well. If reliability is on par with the Honda, this will be the best car I've ever owned.

Sweet A4
By cyberalAL on 07/20/09 18:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is simply stunning, especially from the outside, especially with the Prestige package I got. Handling is very balanced, ride is sporty yet comfortable for longer commutes. Quattro provides excellent grip and 2.0T is powerful yet fuel efficient (have gotten 35 mpg cruising). Plus, this car is as big as the Passat I traded in. Some downsides include having to get Prestige to get those stunning 18" wheels and 4 cyl. a little course when revved hard. But overall, I loved my choice for my first luxury brand car.

New car is great minus a little problem
By lagirl2 on 07/13/09 18:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I've only owned my new car for about a month and a half, almost 2 months now. The day after I bought it, it had a check engine light on. 3 trips to the dealership in a month and a half later, I got the fuel pump replaced. I'm hoping this problem doesn't continue because I really do love the car. I feel I should relate my experience to others so they can be informed buyers, though. Aside from this inconvenience, I really do like my car.

Acceleration lag
By jerry on 07/08/09 05:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Owned a 2004 C230 and moved on to Audi A4 cvt FWD. Like the styling and seating comfort. Speedometer is a little ridiculous for US driving. When sunroof is open sound is deafening but main issue is the acceleration lag when in D. Lessens somewhat when put in S mode. I use regular gas, premium is recommended, will try that next.

Sweet machine
By radman21 on 07/03/09 12:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my third A4 in four years, passing them on to the kids or trade in on lease. The 2009 Prestige is one sweet machine. Better performance than than older (2006 and 2007 A4) with more torque and horsepower with highway mileage 33 mpg level road at 65-75. Also looked at BMW with AWD but run flats and many thousands more $ just not worth the difference, (and I have had BMW 3 series in the past). Great cruiser at 90 mph and around town. It is bigger than older A4, as big as I can tolerate. $37900 with 0.9% and 1 k down a great deal, than 4200 off MSRP, I will buy it rather than lease.

Be sure to test drive prior to purchase
By Guy Coates on 06/28/09 08:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is a great looking car and fun drive but has one major flaw. If you attempt to accelerate fast from a dead stop by mashing the accelerator, the transmission hesitates for a full second before the turbo kicks in. This can be dangerous when attempting to make a left turn in front of approaching traffic. I was told by the dealer that this is a common complaint because of the tiptronic transmission and cannot be corrected. You simply cannot throttle the vehicle hard from a stop and there is no fix. They said that I would get used to it. Be sure to test drive the vehicle before purchasing. I only test drove mine for a few miles.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Audi A4 Sedan in VA is:

$134 per month*