2009 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Looks Can Be Deceiving
By Joey on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love everything about the car. It runs great, the Prestige package has everything anyone could want at a great price, and the car's styling is superb. The only down side to the car is that it burns 5 quarts of oil between oil changes, as was confirmed by a recent oil consumption test at the dealership. This is kind of an annoyance for a vehicle that stickers for over $40,000 new.

This car is horrible
By peter on 08/30/10 12:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Worst decision of my car buying life. It was the only 2009 left on the lot and had every conceivable option. Problems arose quickly - 1. The steering feels like something is rubbing or a belt it loose - back to dealership 3 times before I was told that there was a service bulletin out on it and no fix yet. 2 Transmission lurches in the dynamic mode - after 3 visits was told that there was a service bulletin out on it and there was no fix yet. Filled out more than one survey on it and never received help. For an almost $50K car, this is a disgrace. Have written Audi many times to just give me my money back. How do you think that is going. Bad mistake.

Wolf in Sheep's CLothes
By BostonB on 07/03/10 03:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Retiring the 3.2 liter and making the 3.0T only available as a hopped up S goes down as one of the biggest mistakes Audi ever made. I commute to Boston daily 20 miles each way that takes anywhere from 25 minutes to 90 minutes. Sitting in traffic, slow easy driving it's a dream. Drives on a cloud like the old Cadillacs i grew up driving (but smaller!). Hit the accelerator though and the wolf comes out. This car jumps and the power just seems to keep coming. Tested this against the new A6 3.0T (too big and disconnected from the road), G37 (surprisingly nice car but too many of them on the road), BMW - lacks the lady-like good nature of the Audi

Pure awesome-ness
By Lohnek on 07/02/10 00:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I own a 2009 A4 2.0T FSI Quattro Prestige S-Line. What an amazing and fun car to drive! Pros: Performance: responsive, good handling, grips the road and can make tight corners, 0-60 in 6.7 sec as advertised, smooth ride even with sport suspensions. Styling: beautifully done interior, exterior styling is amazing with nice flowing lines, still loving the LED lights after 26K. Reliability: reliable, no maintenance issues at all, all in all, a great car! Other: B&F audio is a must! 31 mpg highway Cons: Stock tires are noisy at high speeds above 60 mph -Torque steer issues that Audi has no fix for still. MMI interface does not support other languages -18 mpg city -Slow start off the line

Loving this car!
By RMW on 05/20/10 18:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The new A4 is a terrific car. It's beautifully styled inside and out. It is comfortable to drive on long trips yet sporty and fun enough to drive fast on twisty roads. A lot of reviewers complain about the 4-cylinder engine and its buzz, but I love the sound of a turbo 4. I wish they had put the GTIs sound amplifier in the A4, but can understand why they didn't considering the different demographics. The main problem I have with the car is that it gets expensive when you start adding features other luxury car manufacturers include as standard. At an MSRP of $38K, the Premium Plus trim doesn't seem like a bargain against the 328XI, especially since the BMW has standard maintenance.

I think my live was worth $37K
By 100 miles a day on 03/25/10 20:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I think this car saved my life. Cruising at ~30 mph, then I was rear ended at ~60 mph by a Nissan, then hit head-on by a Cadillac at ~35 mph! Audi was totaled but performed great, did not walk away, but "only" have a badly broken foot. Purchased new in spring of '09 versus a cpo a4 or BMW 3 series. The new 09 a4 was such a huge change and looked so good it was worth the extra $100/month to me. Wanted a standard 6 speed trans. But was strong armed into the auto/tiptronic. The quattro system is awesome, the 2.0 turbo had plenty of power and I averaged 30 mpg in mostly highway driving over 12k miles before it was totaled. Would reconsider with a manual trans. And clear-bra.

Beautiful
By Ray on 03/12/10 08:45 AM (PST)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Very happy with this car so far. Was hesitant about purchasing an Audi as I have been partial to the reliability of Japanese brands for many years. The car had everything I was looking for. Good gas mileage, beautifully designed exterior and interior, safety features, good handling and responsiveness. This is my first Audi and I am hoping it will be as reliable as my previous Japanese made car.

Navigation packet and blue tooth
By Andrea on 03/10/10 08:26 AM (PST)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I got the navigation packet with the car and I am very disappointed with it. The navigation system is completely useless, difficult to use and find places, and lacks information about almost everything. It serves only for ornamental purposes as it doesn't take anybody anywhere. Even worse the situation, only two months after I got the car, I got the offer of the navigation update and ridiculously, I had to order and pay for it myself. This issue was not addressed by Fred Baker, the dealer, neither by audi after several calls and emails I made to them. The bluetooth does not connect to my phone either.

Love My A4
By Barrels41 on 02/04/10 13:16 PM (PST)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

A smile is on my face every day I drive this fabulous car. Youngsters compliment me on its looks. It sticks to the road like glue. Unbelievable confidence in bad weather. Great fuel economy. Incredible handling and steering. Stops on a dime. Sports package 18" wheels and sports suspension/seats option.

Great Car, but ...
By Jack K. on 01/30/10 04:27 AM (PST)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the perfect car for my needs. It's "fun enough" to drive, looks good, and gets great fuel economy considering its size and performance. I've been a long-time VW and Audi owner and I really do think they offer a great trade-off between value and fun. However, this '09 A4 is similar to my past VWs and Audis as it still has a number of small (typical Audi) quality issues. This '09 A4 has suffered from an ignition switch failure, reverse backing light bulb installation issue, broken rear seat cup holder, and came with a defective exterior trim piece. None of these issues have been major but give me my usual uneasy feeling about owning this car for the long-term.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Audi A4 Sedan in VA is:

$134 per month*