2009 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Fun ride and head turner
By Ammo on 10/10/08 19:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I picked it up 2 weeks ago in Aruba Blue. Love the car and the color. I test drove several cars before decided on A4. You can't compare beautiful interior & exterior designing with any other car in its class. When turbo kicks in you feel you are drving on the race track not on a highway. Love the MMI, bluetooth and iPod features. I love it.

Great All Around Car
By David on 10/02/08 20:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Had this car for three weeks and I have nothing but good things too say about it. Stylish exterior with just as beautiful interior. Acceleration and power feel much better than when I tested the 2009 TSX which is also a four-banger but not quite as responsive as the other competitors that have a V6. Safety is pretty much on par with everyone else as well but Quattro is a big plus since that's the only real fulltime AWD in its class. I like that automatic not only has a manual shift mode, but also a sport autoshift that lets the car stay in lower gears longer for more power. All in all a real eye-catcher inside and out that gets decent MPG for an AWD and has just enough zip to have fun.

Excellent car with minor negatives
By Mobilehavoc on 09/29/08 14:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had the car for 3 weeks and 600 miles of driving so far. I got the Premium Plus trim with Navigation and I'm really loving the car. It has the exterior looks, interior styling/finish and performance that make it the true triple-threat. For a V4 turbo, it delivers a consistent torque through the RPM range making it a pure joy to drive coupled with the excellent all- time quattro AWD. The interior is Audi at it's best with an excellent MMI system - for all intents and purposes is the same interior of the more expensive A6/Q7 models. Everything is designed to make the driver's job as effortless and enjoyable as possible and I have no regrets whatsoever in purchasing this car. Recommended

Awesome 2009 A4
By John on 09/28/08 09:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just purchased the new A4- significant improvements over previous generation. Tested Mercedes C class, BMW 3 series, Infinti G35, Lexus IS before deciding on Audi. Vehicle has premium pckg, Technology pckg, B&O stereo system. All options worth the extra cost- stereo is wonderful, MMI much easier and intuitive than BMW, steering is very crisp, engine is very good, transmission very smooth, shifting in manual mode is great! As expected, interior is best in class and extra length to car has resulted in much better back seat space than previous versions- tall people will still find back a bit cramped though. Save money + stay with base engine- turbo is great!

Sporty, Comfortable & Solid!
By golfgal on 09/27/08 19:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had been researching the '09 A4 since March 08 - I ordered it in July and picked it up 2 weeks ago. The car is everything I'd hoped for. It is beautifully redesigned with a sportier & elegant lines. The headlights are making heads turn on the road!! The trunk is spacious; interior is luxurious and roomy. I debated on waiting for the 6-speed manual, but decided to go with the 6-speed tiptronic. The response is quick with a very smooth shifting; excellent acceleration. I have the premium plus package with navigation/back up camera option. There are abundant features included in the premium plus package; I also added the navigation package which included the MMI.

So far
By scott on 09/24/08 14:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I wish this car had better MPG. That's my only complaint so far. It's competitive with others, but I'm finding closer to 26/27 on the highway versus 30/31 as dealerships tend to suggest you'll get, rather than the numbers listed on the window. Then again, who trusts car dealerships. I find the front seat very very comfortable and since I do a lot of highway driving, this is a big plus.

Awesome A4!
By Frank on 09/24/08 09:25 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Of course my car is new and I'm so happy and exited about my choice; but I did test all AWD cars in that segment, then chose A4 for the style, size (bmw too small), quality of the interior, ultimate sound system. Handling, fun to drive is great! Performance is more than enough for me, but lack brute force of G35x or BMW335xi. This is the only item for which the A4 is not getting perfect score across the board. B&O sound system is a marvel! Way superior than previous Bose option. And with the SD card support, I even don't need to use CD (6 disk changer, MP3 support). It comes with ipod integration, I'm expecting the ipod cable delivery soon and will provide feedback on it.

Best all around
By Andreas on 09/22/08 20:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The new A4 is an all around excellent auto. It surpasses all others in its class and then some. Wheelbase is similar to the MBenz E-class. Style is literally a jaw dropper. Acceleration 0-60 is better than my 225hp TT which was 6.3 sec. Im guessing the A4 3.2 quattro is similar to the A5 3.2 rating of 5.8sec 0-60, not the 6.3 posted on the Audi website. The exhaust sound is deep and throaty. Braking is quick with minimal nose dive. The best feature is the steering feel. It's very light and nimble. Interior and exterior finish quality is top notch. I test drove this car at Infineon raceway a few months ago and couldn't wait for its arrival. A well equipped A4 3.2 quattro for $40k, what a deal!

Amazing Car
By Simon0809 on 09/17/08 13:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This by far has been the best experience in any of the cars I have driven. The car has a lot of speed for a 4 cyl and also it has a sport gear. The interior is really comfortable, and I so far have not had any blind spots! Could not ask for more in a car!

A4 Sedan with Prestige Package
By anchor5072 on 09/15/08 13:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased two days ago and drove over the weekend. Car is beautiful inside and out. Handles like a dream. Very comfortable. Virtually all functions are automated. Using the MMI takes some work, but once you get the hang of the info entry process, it works for most of the different functions. Several reviews stated that someone shorter than 5'4" might have some problems with the driver's seat position. My wife is 5'2" and had no problem getting into a comfortable driving position. Back seat has enough room and the trunk is large for this class of car. I would recommend test driving the 2.0T, as is performs quite well.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Audi A4 Sedan in VA is:

$134 per month*