2009 Audi A4 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Better than A5 Cab
By solido on 08/22/10 18:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned a 2009 A4 Cabriolet for about a year now and let me tell you the experience has been great! I wanted a convertible that was TRULY a year round vehicle, and this car definitely fit the bill. I looked at the BMW 3 series, Volvo C70 and Volkswagen Eos prior to purchasing this A4 and I am very happy with my decision. The 3 series is RWD which did not give me a good sense of security when driving in the snow. The others (Volvo and VW) just did not have the aesthetics I was looking for. The A4 cab is just a beautiful car, and handles well in all types of weather conditions. The Audi A5 cab is also a very nice car, but for the price it does not make sense to purchase one.

Fantastic Car!
By SBC on 12/04/09 06:46 AM (PST)

2009 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have the Audi for six months now. I have grown to enjoy it more the longer I've driven it. It is comfortable, zippy (especially in manual mode), quiet (even with the top down with the wind screen installed), and a blast to drive! This has become my favorite car I've owned/leased, slightly nudging out the Honda S2000. The S2000 was much more fun to drive, but the added convenience of a full sized trunk, and back seat in the Audi, plus the fun to drive factor, have it beat. I recommend this vehicle (or its replacement the A5, which I can't wait to get!) without reservation. There are great deals on any A4's left in stock, since this is the last year. Go get one and start having fun!

Love the new A4
By Bob on 09/25/09 20:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in my 2002 A4 3.0 Quattro on a lease on a 2009 A4 2.0 Quattro. This 2.0 has plenty of torque. Cannot tell the difference with the new V4 from my prior V6, except the gas mileage is better and it is a quieter engine. I ordered the Premium Plus package with the navigator. I love the voice activated bluetooth dialing, the voice activated navigation, etc., and the backup camera with guidance. Audi came up with a winner. I am getting over 33 miles per gallon on the highway and around 28 in the city/suburbs. I am very happy with the vehicle. I loved my 2002; but, this is a big improvement. Only thing I miss from the 2002 is the storage compartments under the front seats.

A Very Appealing Car
By pjl275 on 09/16/09 18:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We get many compliments on our S-Line Cab. Great looking S4 wheels. This is our first convertible and we love top down driving. The Cab is fun to drive but not BMW thrilling. Like the fact its an AWD car, for full year use. Fit and finish is excellent, interior is gorgeous. Gas mileage is terrible. Hope long term reliability is good. We leased, but buyout is very attractive. If it holds together, can envision a long term ownership.

Great Car Minor quirks
By JJM on 08/11/09 17:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Convertible 3.2 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Car is everything I expected. Fit & Finish is as good as it gets. So good in fact that the seams trunk to body are so tight you can't fit bike rack clips in between. Engine is smooth. Test drove the 2.0s not going to pay this much for a car that vibrates 3.2 is for me. Brakes are awesome. Keep your eye on the rear view in a panic stop. Tiptronic is fun. Quirks... The ipod interface is poor, I leave my keys in the car in the garage but not with this... the lights will not turn off, the homelink does not work until you turn the car on. Kinda dumb that you start the car before you open the garage door.

Audi A4 Cabriolet
By JWS on 07/15/09 16:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This car was leased for my wife. I owned a TT with a manual transmission a few years ago and we were attracted to this car by the excellent lease terms, appearance and the previous experience with Audi. The A4 has been back to the dealer twice in 3 weeks. The first time was due to wind noise and a water leak in the space between the front and rear driver's window. That was fixed. The second trip was because the automatic transmission (CVT) feels like it shifts from 1st to overdrive within about 2 seconds, causing significant loss of power. This even happens in sport mode. In addition, there is some lurching and hesitation upon initial acceleration. The dealer says this is "normal".

Worst Car Ever
By kaltsc9867 on 07/13/09 10:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Please Test Drive this car extensively. Dealer will NOT tell you that the car goes forward when you put car in reverse. They say this is normal for cvt transmission. This was not disclosed before purchase. I don't think they would ever sell any cars with cvt if this was disclosed. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR.

This is my 2nd Audi..
By KarlS on 03/12/09 15:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

...A4, previously owned 2007 2.0T Q sport/Sline/Ti. Current car (2.0TQ prem+ w/sport pkg) is what I was hoping for when I 1st purchased an Audi, slightly better performance than before, much better handling, much improved seats (highly recommend sport pkg option). Feels like an adult's vehicle. Complaints: only re plastic dash piece (hope for aftermarket cure soon) & wish it still had a full size spare - minor stuff really. Very anxious to see how this is chipped, 2007 was a big difference, 2009 promises to be better. Bottom line, I love driving this car... so does my wife.

Love It
By pj on 03/08/09 14:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 Convertible 3.2 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car as a gift for my wife, a blue quattro convertible. For once I hit an out of the park home run. She loves this car and I do too. Its fun to drive, beautiful on the inside and outside, and gives us no trouble at all.

Best Car EVER!
By Nickkkkkkkkk on 02/06/09 16:14 PM (PST)

2009 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

In January I traded in my 2006 BMW 530i in for the 2009 Audi A4. It seems like it should compete with the 5, because of its roominess and standard features. This car is the perfect size and it's more fun to drive than my BMW. Great value. I love my Audi!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Audi A4 Convertible in VA is:

$136 per month*