Used 2009 Audi A4 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Better than A5 Cab
By solido

2009 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned a 2009 A4 Cabriolet for about a year now and let me tell you the experience has been great! I wanted a convertible that was TRULY a year round vehicle, and this car definitely fit the bill. I looked at the BMW 3 series, Volvo C70 and Volkswagen Eos prior to purchasing this A4 and I am very happy with my decision. The 3 series is RWD which did not give me a good sense of security when driving in the snow. The others (Volvo and VW) just did not have the aesthetics I was looking for. The A4 cab is just a beautiful car, and handles well in all types of weather conditions. The Audi A5 cab is also a very nice car, but for the price it does not make sense to purchase one.

The interior, the interior and the interior :) The sports package (paddle shifters, sport seats, 18 inch wheels and sports suspension). The exterior when the top is down is just beautiful.

The ride could be a little rough when faced with bumpy roads. Led headlights and taillights would be nice. The A4 cabriolet is no longer in production, thus my other suggestion is to produce the line once again :)

Fantastic Car!
By SBC

2009 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have the Audi for six months now. I have grown to enjoy it more the longer I've driven it. It is comfortable, zippy (especially in manual mode), quiet (even with the top down with the wind screen installed), and a blast to drive! This has become my favorite car I've owned/leased, slightly nudging out the Honda S2000. The S2000 was much more fun to drive, but the added convenience of a full sized trunk, and back seat in the Audi, plus the fun to drive factor, have it beat. I recommend this vehicle (or its replacement the A5, which I can't wait to get!) without reservation. There are great deals on any A4's left in stock, since this is the last year. Go get one and start having fun!

cloth drop top (thank you for not going retractable hard top, Audi), full size usable trunk (even when top is down), auto/manual trans, wind screen

A touch and release button for top up/down operation, and relocate the top up/down button from under the center console...it's inconvenient to hold the button through the entire up/down cycle, and especially difficult in its present awkward location.

Love the new A4
By Bob

2009 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in my 2002 A4 3.0 Quattro on a lease on a 2009 A4 2.0 Quattro. This 2.0 has plenty of torque. Cannot tell the difference with the new V4 from my prior V6, except the gas mileage is better and it is a quieter engine. I ordered the Premium Plus package with the navigator. I love the voice activated bluetooth dialing, the voice activated navigation, etc., and the backup camera with guidance. Audi came up with a winner. I am getting over 33 miles per gallon on the highway and around 28 in the city/suburbs. I am very happy with the vehicle. I loved my 2002; but, this is a big improvement. Only thing I miss from the 2002 is the storage compartments under the front seats.

Bluetooth phone, navigator, and radio can be controlled by voice. Very smart looking dash and console. The extra room from the previous model makes a noticeable difference.

The only improvement I would make is to bring back the under the seat storage compartments that were in the previous model, starting in 2002.

A Very Appealing Car
By pjl275

2009 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We get many compliments on our S-Line Cab. Great looking S4 wheels. This is our first convertible and we love top down driving. The Cab is fun to drive but not BMW thrilling. Like the fact its an AWD car, for full year use. Fit and finish is excellent, interior is gorgeous. Gas mileage is terrible. Hope long term reliability is good. We leased, but buyout is very attractive. If it holds together, can envision a long term ownership.

Style, interior design and finish. Wheels look great. Love the way the car looks with the top and windows down.

Seats could have more cushioning. Fuel mileage is almost SUV dismal around town. Nav system is worse than BMW but gets the job done. IPOD interface if lousy...not fatal flaws but annoying.

Great Car Minor quirks
By JJM

2009 Audi A4 Convertible 3.2 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Car is everything I expected. Fit & Finish is as good as it gets. So good in fact that the seams trunk to body are so tight you can't fit bike rack clips in between. Engine is smooth. Test drove the 2.0s not going to pay this much for a car that vibrates 3.2 is for me. Brakes are awesome. Keep your eye on the rear view in a panic stop. Tiptronic is fun. Quirks... The ipod interface is poor, I leave my keys in the car in the garage but not with this... the lights will not turn off, the homelink does not work until you turn the car on. Kinda dumb that you start the car before you open the garage door.

Great stability & Ride

Careful you don't tap the shifter into manual. Easy to over-rev. With the radio up you can be at 7000 rpm in a heartbeat. Someone said the owner's manual is like War & Peace. Very true.