2009 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
The best amongst the Germans
By Sulabh Dhanuka on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Like probably most people, I looked at the BMW 3, Benz C, Acura TL, and Infiniti G37 before finally settling on the A4. I wanted first and foremost a car that was fun to drive both on the daily commute and weekend trip. I also wanted a car that stood out. Unfortunately, it seems that everyone in this segment naturally gravitates towards the 3, usually because that is all they have heard of. What I found in the A4 is a car that gives me all the performance with real handsome looks both inside and out (yes, I am a sucker for those LED head lights). The car is incredible to drive, especially in Sports mode. While I miss the torque of the 2.0T, the 3.2 is the one to have.

Wolf in Sheep's CLothes
By BostonB on 07/03/10 03:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Retiring the 3.2 liter and making the 3.0T only available as a hopped up S goes down as one of the biggest mistakes Audi ever made. I commute to Boston daily 20 miles each way that takes anywhere from 25 minutes to 90 minutes. Sitting in traffic, slow easy driving it's a dream. Drives on a cloud like the old Cadillacs i grew up driving (but smaller!). Hit the accelerator though and the wolf comes out. This car jumps and the power just seems to keep coming. Tested this against the new A6 3.0T (too big and disconnected from the road), G37 (surprisingly nice car but too many of them on the road), BMW - lacks the lady-like good nature of the Audi

Navigation packet and blue tooth
By Andrea on 03/10/10 08:26 AM (PST)

2009 Audi A4 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I got the navigation packet with the car and I am very disappointed with it. The navigation system is completely useless, difficult to use and find places, and lacks information about almost everything. It serves only for ornamental purposes as it doesn't take anybody anywhere. Even worse the situation, only two months after I got the car, I got the offer of the navigation update and ridiculously, I had to order and pay for it myself. This issue was not addressed by Fred Baker, the dealer, neither by audi after several calls and emails I made to them. The bluetooth does not connect to my phone either.

Magnificent suspension
By Craig Euritt on 11/23/09 17:08 PM (PST)

2009 Audi A4 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The suspension on this car is magnificent! It handles curves like a slingshot, by far my favorite car so far.

A4 Me
By S-Line Pilot on 06/25/09 11:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The commute has gotten a lot more pleasant since the A4 S-Line came in. The Audi is quiet, comfortable, and effortlessly easy to drive. The Alcantara seats are cooler than full leather in hot Louisiana summers. MMI is easy to use and useful after very short learning curve. The steering wheel scroll buttons make dialing phone numbers, radio surfing preset stations easy and safe. The daily commute is a 70/30 mix of highway (65-70 mph)and stop-n-go traffic and the Audi delivers an amazing avg 28-31 mpg with mindful throttle (depends on traffic, weather). Despite the 19" wheels and summer perf. tires the ride is firm without being jarring (test before buying). Gorgeous and feature laden.

Audi A4 3.2 Quattro Prestige, Sports Pac
By Bomchickawaawaa on 05/30/09 19:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My car choices when searching came down to the BMW 335 sedan, Lexus GS 350, and the Audi A4. I decided to purchase the A4 based on the features and price. The A4 has the quattro AWD, fold down rear seats, 14 speaker Bang and Olufsen system, bluetooth and navigation. I felt that the exterior styling and the better interior features of the A4 outweighed the engine performance of the 335i. The Lexus rear bumper styling just didn't grow on me. So far after driving the car for the first 1000 miles I am so happy about my decision. The A4 is fast off the line and pulling on the freeway in sports mode, the handling is great with the quattro, and it's very eye catching with the LED driving lights.

Excellent Ride
By Wdan on 02/08/09 09:51 AM (PST)

2009 Audi A4 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Went from an '06 A4 2.0 Quattro to this. This is the '06 all grown up. The ride is tremendous and smooth. Very quiet in the cab which is great for blue-tooth calls. Handling is superb. Handles even better over 90 as all German cars should. Excellent off the line. Sport mode is stellar with the v6. Light package makes you feel like a rock star as you turn heads.

Awesome A4
By Frank on 11/25/08 05:50 AM (PST)

2009 Audi A4 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is an update from my previous review. We got some snow here and I was able to test Quattro system much more than on wet pavement. I confirm that without ASR, handling is exceeding my expectation! I feared that the electronic would limit my fun, but I'm very pleased by the latitude granted by my A4. And with ASR, I know my wife will not be in trouble when driving in the snow. Also, I got my Ipod cable and can confirm that Ipod integration is flawless. I use playlist and store over 350 CDs on my Ipod. Can navigate with ease and of course, sound quality it excellent. The only one thing that disappointed me a bit is the non SDHC support for SD cards which limits capacity to 2GB

From 2001 A6 2.7t to 2009 A4
By snagitseven on 10/29/08 19:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Mine, ordered in May, was in the very first shipment. Compared to my twin turbo 2001 A6, it's a only a bit smaller in the rear seat but very close in the front with more headroom and a larger trunk. While a bit slower of the line to 30, it is faster to 60 than my old twin turbo A6 and definitely a better handler. Have 3000 miles already and just got back from a 1500 mile trip. Very comfortable despite a somewhat stiffer seat than the A6. Overall, very pleased.

Awesome A4!
By Frank on 09/24/08 09:25 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A4 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Of course my car is new and I'm so happy and exited about my choice; but I did test all AWD cars in that segment, then chose A4 for the style, size (bmw too small), quality of the interior, ultimate sound system. Handling, fun to drive is great! Performance is more than enough for me, but lack brute force of G35x or BMW335xi. This is the only item for which the A4 is not getting perfect score across the board. B&O sound system is a marvel! Way superior than previous Bose option. And with the SD card support, I even don't need to use CD (6 disk changer, MP3 support). It comes with ipod integration, I'm expecting the ipod cable delivery soon and will provide feedback on it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Audi A4 in VA is:

$132 per month*