Used 2009 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Good car if you enjoy seeing the dealer at lot
By Bill

2009 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I owned an Audi A4 convertible for 55,000 miles. During that time, I broke down twice (once less than ten miles after having maintenance at a dealership). The check engine light illuminated on a regular basis. Although the performance and handling are good, the lack of reliability overshadowed everything else. The level of reliability is what one would expect from a 1970s era British car, German luxury car.

2009 audi a4 quattro
By Brandon

2009 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I don't recommend this car to anyone. When the car is running it is great, but that isn't the case a lot of the time. I bought used certified pre-owned at 40,000 miles and traded it in at 130,000 miles. The car had everything go wrong from a blown up engine to a parasitic battery drain that killed my battery. A lot was covered under the factor warranty, but after 100,000 miles if anything goes wrong it is a bare minimum of a $1000. Repeat do not recommend.

Great car but not reliable.
By Bill

2009 Audi A4 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

In three years of owning a CPO Audi A4, I have had seven trips to the dealership with the check engine light. On four separate occasions, I have had to return to a dealership after a repair when the repair was not properly completed. It is a great car, but the reliability issue overshadows other issues.

excessive oil consumption and many other problems
By Christine Hoang

2009 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR AT ALL !!! BUYER BEWARE !!! We first leased and bought a 2009 A4 car and it uses oil extensively. It did not even pass its first smog check and now the car is considered a total loss. The Audi dealer said that it will cost $14,000 to replace the WHOLE engine. We have tried many cars from the past from BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus and this is the worst car in our lives!!! I just read the class action lawsuit on this car extensive oil usage ... it is outrageous and we brought in the dealer twice and they did not warn us. I hope Audi this review and rectify their problem. This is unacceptable!!!

AUDI A4 ....What a dissapointment!!
By Ramon Albarran

2009 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Do your research!!! I purchased this used 2009 A4 Quattro with 72k miles, the car is very appealing and looks very nice which is what my wife liked about it. I thought I got a really good deal on the car, but now I know why the dealer basically gave it away and didn't push for that extended warranty. This car is by far the worse car I've ever had on maintenance issues. The oil consumption is just ridiculous and just started ticking very loud...I have a 3 series BMW and absolutely love it. I'm going to be trading the Audi in soon for another BMW and be done with this car. I jumped in this car without doing my research and paid for it. There are complaints about this oil issue every where and the dealership will not help unless your under warranty. Even under warranty it will be a hassle, don't make the same mistake!

• SUV