Used 2009 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

2009 A4- stay away
By dsand00

2009 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought it with 24000 miles and am going to sell it as soon as it gets out of CPO. I have replaced the motor mounts 3 times, a steering hose twice, and just got done replacing the pistons. All these repairs were done before 55,000 miles. I now have about 62k on it, and can't wait to sell it. This car has been a nightmare and would have cost more than $12000 in repairs if it wasn't a CPO car.

best looking car on the market

2.0 engine is garbage. How can you justify needing new pistons after 55000 miles?!?!? The other 3 people in line with me at the dealership were also getting their pistons replaced.

HORRIBLE CAR MECHANICALLY
By tc124

2009 Audi A4 2.0T Premium Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just bought this car 4 months ago and it has 60,000 miles on it. It is burning oil like you wouldn't believe. I took it in to the Audi service department and they said the first step is to replace the crankcase pressure regulatory valve and put the Audi software update on it, which cost $109 for that. Overall, the cost is $600. If this doesn't fix the problem, the engine pistons need to be replaced, so basically a new engine for $5,000. Audi needs to recall the 2.0 liter engines. Why would you charge 40,000 for a car and the engine goes out at 60,000 miles. Obviously, this is a faulty engine!

Design of the car

Recall the 2.0 Liter engine! Quit charging so much for a scrap of metal.

Audi buyers beware!!!
By kenneth39

2009 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned the Audi A4 for over eight months three days after driving the car from the dealership the oil low alarm came on. I called the dealership that sold me the car they said that having to add one quart of oil after driving 800 miles was acceptable?????? "Acceptable" really, I called Audi USA and asked why were they selling cars that used oil off the show room floor, I was told that in the eyes of Audi this was an acceptable level of normal oil consumption. Fast forward from 2009 till present in total the car has spent more time in the repair shop than on the road, we have replaced the motor and turbo and the oil consumption increased to a quart of oil with every fill up of gas.

Worst car Ever!!
By holms

2009 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Owning an Audi has been the worst experience ever!! Have owned it for 2.75 years now. Leased it after coming from a BMW I loved the free maintenance but this was an extra $800 for the Audi care package. I was able to negotiate it into the lease for no cost, so glad. My wife and I thought we got a great deal cuz we got all the bells and whistles for the same cost of a BMW base model. Well I hate driving this car and am so happy to give it back in 3 months. Audi service department sucks!!! You are nobody when you walk in. As soon as they see that I have Audi Care they start treating you better but they dont listen to you and dont call you when your car is done.

Not Favorite Features They lied to my Wife and I saying there is no problem with the oil consumption. They later said it was a known problem but since I was leasing that I should just let it go. Every month to oil light comes on beeping eveytime you start the car. So that means i have been into the service department over 35 times in 2.75 yrs. Stupid! Transmission breaks and accelerator all suck!! Car takes about 2 seconds to realize that you took your foot off the break and you are already pressing on the gas. Then it lurches forward like you just dropped the clutch (remember its an Auto). So over time you get used to letting off and slowly pressing the gas, meanwhile tons of people honk

at you thinking your not going. Also the break Rotors wear out after 20k miles. And not included in the Audi Care. $1800 latter for just front breaks. I have never heard of that! SO yea I hate this car and would never recommend this car. All of them should be burned to save everyone else from owning one.

Awesome after 24000 miles
By zoolander1

2009 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is an update from my original review. I've had my A4 for a 16 months and 24k miles now and I think it's only fair to review it past the 'new car feeling'. Still handles like a champion. Have had ZERO issues with the car. Haven't had any unscheduled dealer visits. I would definitely recommend the car to someone looking for a 3 series alternative. The A4 is way more affordable and offers the same level of confort at a higher value. The car needs to be serviced at 5k, 15k and 25k. I added 1 qt of oil at 21500 miles which I consider normal given the interval within services.

LED lights. Overall dimensions of the vehicle. Subtle luxury and understated refinement, like old school germans intended it to be. Gas mileage is awesome, unreal: 30 mpg on the highway! I loved the car at first sight and the love keeps growing. Like I said in my original review, I traded in an IS350 and I think this car offers much more for the money. I don't keep my cars past manufacturer's warranty and this one won't be the excemption. From reading other reviews, I feel hesitant to drive this one past 50k miles although I've had a pleasant experience.

Dealership service is not anywhere close to that of Lexus so I'm glad I'm not there often. Price of the scheduled 15k mile service is over $300 for a glorified oil change. Come on Audi! After over a year, I can still say that the MMI is a puzzle! I know how to use it, but is definitely not user friendly. Passengers always try to mess with it and give up. Same thing with the sunroof dial.