2008 Audi A4 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Stick to the Road

2008 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

2.0T Avant quattro Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Stick to the Road
By Waiting for Alfa on

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my 3rd A4 Avant (1999; 2003; 2008). I recently had to retire my 1995 Alfa 164LS. I purchased this to drive along with our 2003 A4 Avant. The plan is to retire the 2003 and keep the 2008 once Alfa returns to the USA. The car is quite sporty in nature. It appears as if the new A4 will have more driver right leg room, but it is unclear whether the new Avant will be offered as a 6 speed. We only have had manual transmissions with sport suspension. The 2008 2.0 engine is more throaty and powerful than previous models. The four wheel drive sticks like glue. The 2.0 torque is limited, but the acceleration is fine, with little turbo lag. Forget BMW and go for it.

Favorite Features

Four wheel drive; throaty engine; exterior style; optional sport suspension; optional stereo/satellite radio upgrade

Suggested Improvements

Xenon headlights and dimming rearview mirror as stand-alone options; more driver right leg room; standard or optional seat uprade in 2.0 base model