2008 Audi A4 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 2008 Audi A4 2.0T Avant

2008 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

2.0T Avant quattro Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Avant
By T Farrand on

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drove this A4 Avant for 18 months and could not wait for the day to finally unload this car. The car was in the repair shop 6 times in 18 months - all for engine issues - fuel sensor, oxygen sensor in turbo, and finally an oil leak. The dealership was courteous and professional each time I had the car in, but the problems kept popping up. When the car was functioning properly, I enjoyed driving it. My main complaint was the automatic transmission - the Drive transmission setting shifted painfully slowly and enhanced the awful turbo lag. The Sport transmission setting was better, but it had to be shifted manually with the paddles into 6th gear when traveling < 80 mph. In 20 years of driving Honda and Toyota products, I made 3 trips in total for non-routine maintenance. 6 trips in 18 months for the Audi A4 is unacceptable and I will not buy another Audi.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, audio system, steering, braking.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability. For a car in this price segment, I will not tolerate the frequent trips to the dealer for repairs.