2008 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Great Ride
By John on 11/28/07 08:41 AM (PST)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

We have only had the car for a month, but we are loving it so far. The ride is very comfortable and quiet, yet the vehicle holds the road extremely well. The styling of the car is beautiful inside and out.

Damn good car
By cant say on 11/13/07 21:13 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've looked at everything - BMW, Acura, MB, Lexus, etc - finally settled on the Audi and haven't regretted it since. The car is a pleasure to drive and it's obvious that someone put some thought into building this monster. Fun to drive, beautiful inside and out - can't get enough. I didn't go with any of the "extra" options - they're a bit pricey and don't really add much to the experience. I think you can figure out when to turn on the lights and wipers.

Great Car So Far
By Nick on 09/10/07 11:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've only had it for 3 days, but I love it so far. Good performance for the engine size and handles great. I was torn between getting a pure sports car or pure luxury car, but the A4 has enough of both to please me. The Sport setting on the auto transmission is great for playing around, but sucks the gas too much for day to day driving. I also can't wait for some snow to test the AWD out.

Can You Say Slot Car?
By Drifter on 09/05/07 18:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just picked up a new 08 A4 2.0T Quattro with Sport Suspension. (Previously drove an 06 A4 CVT front wheel drive.) After driving the front wheel drive Audi for 2 years (and really liking the way it handled), I was amazed with the Quattro's road handling prowess! On the way home from the dealer, I was on the freeway and naturally fiddling with the stereo adjustments and didn't notice that I was approaching a sharp curve to the left while making a transition from one highway to another. I entered the corner at about 65 (40 advised) and started to go for the brake, but as I turned the wheel, the car simply took the corner like it was on a rail. I kid you not!

A true sports wagon
By Keith on 08/21/07 10:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Looked for a wagon (not SUV) with some style and performance, settled on the A4 with 6-spd and am extremely happy so far. This car is as fun to drive as my 325i (and much more than my CLK430) and can carry stuff to boot. I have had no reliability issues after 3 weeks. I know this isn't the final word, but no horror stories. So far I get about 25 mpg around town (suburbs, not city) and more like 29 hwy, a little less if I feel like having fun. It is not really a lightweight car so this seems acceptable. Interior is very quiet and comfortable, my first 5-hour road trip flew by. Can't wait to see what quattro can do in the snow.

So far...
By newaudi on 07/29/07 15:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just picked up my new Audi A4 quattro 2.0T and can't get over this car. I've only had it a week, but I've been entirely impressed thus far. The feel and ride are just great, solid and smooth. Handling is sure and secure. I owned a 2001 VW Jetta GLX previously and was a little unsure of going back to a four cylinder, but the power of the 2.0T feels even better than the V6 in the Jetta. I was also concerned about engine noise and gas mileage. The growl of the Audi exhaust makes me smile and I'm getting about the same in mileage as I was in the Jetta - made the switch back to a 4 cylinder worth it. I got the Audi loaded up with extras.

2008 Audi A4 2.0T CVT
By Jim V. on 07/25/07 07:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The car can be summed up in one phrase: performance and luxury in a compact design. I drove a 2003 and 2005 3.0L A4 prior to getting this one and the performance stands up well. There is definitely noticeable turbo lag, but this can probably be overcome by changing driving habits. The sound of the engine will also take some getting used to as the turbo is a bit "throatier" than I'm used to. The car handles extremely well, though, hugging curves and accelerating very smoothly. The now-standard S-Line exterior features definitely give the car a sportier look. The interior is outstanding. The layout is getting better and the list of available features is exhaustive. In all, a great car!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Audi A4 in NJ is:

$230 per month*