Used 2008 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Audi A4 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Great Car
By DG

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Special Ed. quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great car to drive, highway drive is very good on gas. The car has great pickup going in to traffic. I would buy another the car handles well.

Favorite Features

Great handling and great on gas.

Suggested Improvements

Shorten the arm rest between the drivers set.

Love It
By taudi08

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car about 5 months ago and it's awesome! The only things I don't like about it are the cup holders under the arm rest and the slight lag out the gate. The lag is random. It's weird, but it depends on the day. The engine is definitely affected by extreme temperatures.

Favorite Features

Tiptronic, Bluetooth, ipod deck

Suggested Improvements

They changed the cup holders on the 09.

The 3.2 makes the A4 special
By FlightTester

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6M)

We looked high and low to find an A4 equipped with the 3.2 six and the manual gearbox. We decided to factory order one and discovered that production had already halted to make room for the '09 (B8) model. That one wasn't available with the six-speed manual so it looked like the less intersting 328Xi was going to get the nod when the dealer found a car equipped like we wanted (basicly, equipped with everything) in Riverside California. I was going to be there on business, and I arrainged to pick the car up there and my wife (it's her car) drove it back to Tulsa. She and I love the car. From the GPS nav to the smooth shifting six- speed, it's a sedan that puts a smile on your face.

Favorite Features

The interior, the full-size spare in the trunk, the butter smooth gearbox, the MMC sound and nav system. Ours is a black on black S-Line with the Titanium package. The car runs great, looks great and attracts a crowd wherever it stops. Not bad at all for last year's model.

Suggested Improvements

I'd put touch screen controls on the nav-radio interface and make the selection process more logical and user friendly. Every thing else is fine with us. Some would like more power but, 250 plus normally aspirated ponies does the job just fine for most folks. Like it better than the B8 myself.

Burns oil
By Morris

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My 2008 Audi A4 Quattro burns oil at a rate of 1 quart per 1000 miles. The oil level warning came on at 6000, 10000 and 14000 miles. Each time I had it checked at the dealer where it was purchased and was told each time that no leaks were found and that it was operating normally. They also measured the aforementioned burn off rate according Audi guidelines and informed me that it was "well within Audi specifications and no action is required." These engines are problematic and Audi knows it.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive

Suggested Improvements

Remedy oil consumption problem

It won me over!
By bob

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I started out gunning for a Saturn VUE. But it does not come with a moon roof so I tried on the Audi A4 quatro for size - performance - finish. It does not disappoint. My first reaction to driving it: A little noisy. Initially reminded me of a diesel - albeit a fairly quiet one. The noise level is most noticeable when first accelerating. Once under way the noise level recedes and is forgotten. Finish & performance wins raves. Safety features - brakes - road stability - guages placement underscore diligent design engineering. This car gives you the feeling it was designed by engineers who like driving cars. Cars that envelope you in comfort; safety. Road stability is totally reassuring.

Favorite Features

This car's electronics bedazzle! All fluid levels are checked. Outside temp noted. Fuel level is displayed & future miles are extrapolated; after factoring in your current speed. Dirty disc brakes? Hit the windshiled washer - it also washes your discs - plus your headlight covers. Locking gas cap!