Used 2008 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Going Strong
By texascoaster

2008 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I leased this A4 last May and it continues to get better. This is my first Audi and it will not be my last. I have had a great experience with Momentum Audi in Houston and have had no troubles with the vehicle at all. I'm getting amazing gas mileage, up to 26 in city and usually 32/33 on highway.

Favorite Features

I'm having fun with the shifters mounted on the steering wheel and the bluetooth phone setup is very convenient and easy to operate. The trunk space is fantastic and headroom just right for my frame.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint is an echo of others... there is no back seat room with two passengers in the front. I have no problem getting my child in and out of the carseat, but there isn't room for much else.

Especially nice for a small lux sedan
By Steven T.

2008 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Purchased w/8000 miles. Went from 2001 Maxima. Car is great. No complaints. Very cozy and quick. So much electronics that I get lost in the car (a good thing). Gas mileage is terrific, about 23 overall. Got 36 on a 400 mile highway trip. Wheels are a little hard to keep clean of brake dust. Never drove a car so perfect.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth phone/radio options, auto fold-in side view mirrors, brakes stop on a dime, head turning looks on the highway, gas mileage for this powerful a car.

Suggested Improvements

All the indicators are red which are a little hard on the eyes at night, engine slightly rough at very low speed, can't think of anything else.

Great Car
By DG

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Special Ed. quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great car to drive, highway drive is very good on gas. The car has great pickup going in to traffic. I would buy another the car handles well.

Favorite Features

Great handling and great on gas.

Suggested Improvements

Shorten the arm rest between the drivers set.

Love It
By taudi08

2008 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car about 5 months ago and it's awesome! The only things I don't like about it are the cup holders under the arm rest and the slight lag out the gate. The lag is random. It's weird, but it depends on the day. The engine is definitely affected by extreme temperatures.

Favorite Features

Tiptronic, Bluetooth, ipod deck

Suggested Improvements

They changed the cup holders on the 09.

The 3.2 makes the A4 special
By FlightTester

2008 Audi A4 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6M)

We looked high and low to find an A4 equipped with the 3.2 six and the manual gearbox. We decided to factory order one and discovered that production had already halted to make room for the '09 (B8) model. That one wasn't available with the six-speed manual so it looked like the less intersting 328Xi was going to get the nod when the dealer found a car equipped like we wanted (basicly, equipped with everything) in Riverside California. I was going to be there on business, and I arrainged to pick the car up there and my wife (it's her car) drove it back to Tulsa. She and I love the car. From the GPS nav to the smooth shifting six- speed, it's a sedan that puts a smile on your face.

Favorite Features

The interior, the full-size spare in the trunk, the butter smooth gearbox, the MMC sound and nav system. Ours is a black on black S-Line with the Titanium package. The car runs great, looks great and attracts a crowd wherever it stops. Not bad at all for last year's model.

Suggested Improvements

I'd put touch screen controls on the nav-radio interface and make the selection process more logical and user friendly. Every thing else is fine with us. Some would like more power but, 250 plus normally aspirated ponies does the job just fine for most folks. Like it better than the B8 myself.