2008 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
What people should expect
By Car Reality on 04/08/08 05:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Special Ed. quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Audi A4 a compact car with plenty of room for the front seat users. It is not intended for 5 passengers. The 2.0 liter is very strong for a 4 cylinder so you need to keep in mind it can't be compared to a 6. Interior is very well built. Exterior is very sharp. This car has all the power anyone should need. If you ease up on the pedal it will get very good gas mileage as I have experienced 29 miles per gallon so far. You can get a larger car if you pay 15 to 20 grand more, or you can wait for the 2009 model that will be larger. This car compares to all its competitors and is better in some ways than 328Ix, C class, G35X.

A blast to drive
By Stiffler on 04/04/08 20:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have had this car for two weeks now and so far I am very pleased with the performance. I love the way car handles yet maintains a decent fuel economy. It makes me go look for some curvy roads. Strongly suggest this car if you enjoy the driving.

Great car so far
By Dan on 03/24/08 10:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have had this for just over 2 weeks and 800 miles and so far I'm very pleased. I do wish the 2.0T had more power but I knew going into it that it was a trade-off for better fuel economy. Setting aside the lack of power at the low end, I love the way the car drives and handles. Been in one early spring snowstorm so far and it held the road beautifully. Quartz Gray color is stunning.

A Beast
By mba on 03/10/08 11:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

The car is just gorgeous, and a blast to drive. Went for the throaty 3.2 over the 2.0, and I'm glad I did. Not only for the engine, but also for the equipment that's standard instead of optional. It's fast and handles like a dream. I actually want more snow.

A4 lemon?
By wayne1984 on 02/25/08 19:33 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Had the car for 5 weeks and loved every minute. Hit 2115 miles, oil pressure light came on and car died. Threw a cam, needs entire engine rebuilt, possibly major design flaw with 08's. 4 weeks for repairs so far, and I still don't have it back. I'm trying to get Audi to get me into a brand new replacement vehicle, but they aren't budging ( they just want to fix it). I didn't pay a premium for a rebuilt car. So much for Audi quality

Sweeet
By jeff on 01/07/08 22:12 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My first Audi (drove a 1.8T jetta for 5 years); this is one sweet ride. Gone is the turbo lag I had in Jetta, probably due to the Audi manual transmission. Nice smooth shifting, very good acceleration, fuel mileage has been in upper 20s, but car only has 2000 miles on it. The appearance of the grille is very sporty and somewhat mean looking :). I got basic car with 17" wheels, leather, bluetooth and iPod. The interior is beautiful and very comfortable. The ride is smooth and does this car love curves! Overall, the cost of this car is very reasonable. Overall, very pleased at this point. Highly recommend anyone taking a look.

Jetta with the name Audi on the grille
By WB on 01/01/08 13:57 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have an '04 Jetta and i'm completely unhappy with it, probably because I have owned volvos before. I have had this car for about 4 days now and when I get into the car, I feel like I am in the Jetta. The console is still small, with the small cup holders underneath, the ignition jingle never stops until both the driver and passenger have thier sealt belts on, and just all the little things about the Jetta are in A4 that would make you skeptical to pay $41,000 for it. The turbo charger has a delay when u push on the accelerator. I do have to say though, that the seats are comfortable and the styling outside is excellent.

The car I always wanted
By Cristian on 12/15/07 20:36 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

It's indeed a dream car. The design is excellent, top execution and materials. Everything is balanced with very good taste. The danger in this price range is sending the message that you bought the car to show-off. On the contrary, A4 shows that you have a fine taste of spending your money (let's admit it, it's not a cheap car and everybody sees that). The 2.0T has only 200HP but is really powerfull provided that you now how to drive a 4 cyl Turbo engine, i.e., buy a manual transmission and do not ask the engine for maximum thrust at 1500rpm. Downshift, step on the gas and see what a Turbo engine can do. For me, A4 is the ideal compromise between price, aspect and driving experience.

Amazing Vehicle
By PSZ on 12/15/07 19:01 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

There are not enough superlatives to accurately describe this car. Fit and finish are fantastic. It offers superior comfort (I'm 6'5"), handles like a champ, provides surprising power from its strong 2.0 turbo and provides over 30+ highway MPG! This is a very special automobile.

Get the S-Line
By jeff howard on 11/29/07 16:49 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is my third Audi, and by far my favorite. I enjoy the throatiness of the turbo and think that the new 2.0 is one of the ten best engines in the world. I confess to dropping quattro this time both to improve fuel economy and to free up enough $ to spring for the S-Line. Sure all new 2008 sedans have S-line styling on the body, but not the 18" wheels, sport suspension, and superb interior trim. My advice is to spring for it, as you hardly ever see the 18" wheels on A4 and it enhances the look tremendously. I am delighted, too, with the granite gray color which shifts with the changing light and weather... always a pleasure to come across it anew.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.