2008 Audi A4 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
2008 Audi A4 S-Line tip-tonic
By Robert on 06/19/08 12:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I am an america living in Germany and have really been able to push this car to its limits. For a four cylinder this car moves, There is a significant lag in the turbo when not in the "S" setting (S-lines) At 140 miles an hour for 40 miles I averaged about 19 MPG and same road at 70MPH 33.6 MPG.

Great car but can do so much better
By Ahsan on 06/18/08 08:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Special Ed. quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car in brilliant black with black leather interior, after researching and test driving cars from the famous five (BMW (1 and 3 series), Infinity G37, Lexus IS, Acura TL). In terms of exterior looks and interior quality and design, Audi beats all the others hand down. I have always had a soft corner for Audi when compared to BMW (a personality trait of always siding with the underdogs). This car has however met and exceeded my expectations in nearly every department. It drives and handles like a charm in all driving conditions. There are however, a few issues that I had hoped would be resolved in the 2009 model but they remain largely unaddressed. They are discussed below

Glad I bought a 2008
By Schnauzer Ride on 05/27/08 13:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Special Ed. quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first car in 15 years - live in NYC. I have the manual A4, titanium, iPod, Bluetooth. The car has been a blast to drive - although 4th sounds like it should be 6th! The car moves perfectly and the finish is just as every review indicated - nothing I would change about the interior. I have been averaging about 27mpg the first month - not bad considering Manhattan traffic. I am really glad I bought the 2008 as the 2009 looks far too much like a BMW. As for reviews about it being a bit slow out the gate, I'm not seeing it and am sure it is not worth the MPG trade off to have purchased the larger engine.

Love my A4
By PJ on 04/27/08 18:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Our experience with the A4 has been great my wife loves it. Very economical with gas. As the first time owning an Audi I was not totally sold the first time I drove the car. I immediately noticed the jerk (as if I was driving a stick shift vehicle) I was told it was the SVT in the vehicles transmission. I only different from our Acura TL and former Lexus model was the oil light came on at 4K miles because shortness of oil. The car ate the oil as if it were candy. Audi told us the vehicle does that within the first couple of 1000's miles. Very small car with great fuel economy joined with a sexy exterior look.

What people should expect
By Car Reality on 04/08/08 05:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Special Ed. quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Audi A4 a compact car with plenty of room for the front seat users. It is not intended for 5 passengers. The 2.0 liter is very strong for a 4 cylinder so you need to keep in mind it can't be compared to a 6. Interior is very well built. Exterior is very sharp. This car has all the power anyone should need. If you ease up on the pedal it will get very good gas mileage as I have experienced 29 miles per gallon so far. You can get a larger car if you pay 15 to 20 grand more, or you can wait for the 2009 model that will be larger. This car compares to all its competitors and is better in some ways than 328Ix, C class, G35X.

A blast to drive
By Stiffler on 04/04/08 20:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have had this car for two weeks now and so far I am very pleased with the performance. I love the way car handles yet maintains a decent fuel economy. It makes me go look for some curvy roads. Strongly suggest this car if you enjoy the driving.

Great car so far
By Dan on 03/24/08 10:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have had this for just over 2 weeks and 800 miles and so far I'm very pleased. I do wish the 2.0T had more power but I knew going into it that it was a trade-off for better fuel economy. Setting aside the lack of power at the low end, I love the way the car drives and handles. Been in one early spring snowstorm so far and it held the road beautifully. Quartz Gray color is stunning.

A Beast
By mba on 03/10/08 11:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

The car is just gorgeous, and a blast to drive. Went for the throaty 3.2 over the 2.0, and I'm glad I did. Not only for the engine, but also for the equipment that's standard instead of optional. It's fast and handles like a dream. I actually want more snow.

A4 lemon?
By wayne1984 on 02/25/08 19:33 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Had the car for 5 weeks and loved every minute. Hit 2115 miles, oil pressure light came on and car died. Threw a cam, needs entire engine rebuilt, possibly major design flaw with 08's. 4 weeks for repairs so far, and I still don't have it back. I'm trying to get Audi to get me into a brand new replacement vehicle, but they aren't budging ( they just want to fix it). I didn't pay a premium for a rebuilt car. So much for Audi quality

Sweeet
By jeff on 01/07/08 22:12 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My first Audi (drove a 1.8T jetta for 5 years); this is one sweet ride. Gone is the turbo lag I had in Jetta, probably due to the Audi manual transmission. Nice smooth shifting, very good acceleration, fuel mileage has been in upper 20s, but car only has 2000 miles on it. The appearance of the grille is very sporty and somewhat mean looking :). I got basic car with 17" wheels, leather, bluetooth and iPod. The interior is beautiful and very comfortable. The ride is smooth and does this car love curves! Overall, the cost of this car is very reasonable. Overall, very pleased at this point. Highly recommend anyone taking a look.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.