2008 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Awesome Vehicle
By Bruce on 10/25/08 03:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car looks great and drives even better. It has comfortable seats and the engine runs very smoothly. The A4 convertible is a cross between a sports car and a luxury car and it clearly has good features of both. While there is always room for improvement, I am very pleased with how it handles and the multitude of features.

Burns oil
By Morris on 09/06/08 08:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My 2008 Audi A4 Quattro burns oil at a rate of 1 quart per 1000 miles. The oil level warning came on at 6000, 10000 and 14000 miles. Each time I had it checked at the dealer where it was purchased and was told each time that no leaks were found and that it was operating normally. They also measured the aforementioned burn off rate according Audi guidelines and informed me that it was "well within Audi specifications and no action is required." These engines are problematic and Audi knows it.

Pleased Overall
By SF on 08/05/08 16:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Really pleased with my lease of this car after one year. Only one issue with a brake light sensor after 1 year of ownership and the dealer fixed it right away. Highway mileage is fantastic, but pure city driving gives poorer than I hoped. But overall, power and handling are the best! This is the funnest car I've ever driven. Trunk space the best of all convertibles I tested.

It won me over!
By bob on 06/28/08 14:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I started out gunning for a Saturn VUE. But it does not come with a moon roof so I tried on the Audi A4 quatro for size - performance - finish. It does not disappoint. My first reaction to driving it: A little noisy. Initially reminded me of a diesel - albeit a fairly quiet one. The noise level is most noticeable when first accelerating. Once under way the noise level recedes and is forgotten. Finish & performance wins raves. Safety features - brakes - road stability - guages placement underscore diligent design engineering. This car gives you the feeling it was designed by engineers who like driving cars. Cars that envelope you in comfort; safety. Road stability is totally reassuring.

2008 Audi A4 S-Line tip-tonic
By Robert on 06/19/08 12:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I am an america living in Germany and have really been able to push this car to its limits. For a four cylinder this car moves, There is a significant lag in the turbo when not in the "S" setting (S-lines) At 140 miles an hour for 40 miles I averaged about 19 MPG and same road at 70MPH 33.6 MPG.

Great car but can do so much better
By Ahsan on 06/18/08 08:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Special Ed. quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car in brilliant black with black leather interior, after researching and test driving cars from the famous five (BMW (1 and 3 series), Infinity G37, Lexus IS, Acura TL). In terms of exterior looks and interior quality and design, Audi beats all the others hand down. I have always had a soft corner for Audi when compared to BMW (a personality trait of always siding with the underdogs). This car has however met and exceeded my expectations in nearly every department. It drives and handles like a charm in all driving conditions. There are however, a few issues that I had hoped would be resolved in the 2009 model but they remain largely unaddressed. They are discussed below

Glad I bought a 2008
By Schnauzer Ride on 05/27/08 13:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Special Ed. quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first car in 15 years - live in NYC. I have the manual A4, titanium, iPod, Bluetooth. The car has been a blast to drive - although 4th sounds like it should be 6th! The car moves perfectly and the finish is just as every review indicated - nothing I would change about the interior. I have been averaging about 27mpg the first month - not bad considering Manhattan traffic. I am really glad I bought the 2008 as the 2009 looks far too much like a BMW. As for reviews about it being a bit slow out the gate, I'm not seeing it and am sure it is not worth the MPG trade off to have purchased the larger engine.

Stick to the Road
By Waiting for Alfa on 05/06/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my 3rd A4 Avant (1999; 2003; 2008). I recently had to retire my 1995 Alfa 164LS. I purchased this to drive along with our 2003 A4 Avant. The plan is to retire the 2003 and keep the 2008 once Alfa returns to the USA. The car is quite sporty in nature. It appears as if the new A4 will have more driver right leg room, but it is unclear whether the new Avant will be offered as a 6 speed. We only have had manual transmissions with sport suspension. The 2008 2.0 engine is more throaty and powerful than previous models. The four wheel drive sticks like glue. The 2.0 torque is limited, but the acceleration is fine, with little turbo lag. Forget BMW and go for it.

This is an awesome SUV Alternative
By Nick on 05/03/08 20:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Special Ed. Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My other vehicles are 911 turbo, Mustang GT convertible, Cayenne S. This vehicle has become my favorite. I can drive it over highway 17 in California with vigor. I drove it to Tahoe with the family, a roof box and a lot of gear. It was a blast. It compensated well on icy patches and blasted through the snow. I can put my golden retriever in the back, pick up the family and still enjoy the ride. The S mode and paddle shifters make this a stealth sports car. I enjoy the "S" suspension features and the mileage of the 2.0T. It feels like a Porsche station wagon. I predict that these wagons will see a resurgence in the near future. The Avant gets 22 around town and 28 highway.

Love my A4
By PJ on 04/27/08 18:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Our experience with the A4 has been great my wife loves it. Very economical with gas. As the first time owning an Audi I was not totally sold the first time I drove the car. I immediately noticed the jerk (as if I was driving a stick shift vehicle) I was told it was the SVT in the vehicles transmission. I only different from our Acura TL and former Lexus model was the oil light came on at 4K miles because shortness of oil. The car ate the oil as if it were candy. Audi told us the vehicle does that within the first couple of 1000's miles. Very small car with great fuel economy joined with a sexy exterior look.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Audi A4 in VA is:

$132 per month*