Used 2008 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

2008 Audi A4 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Great car (while in warranty)
By chaseaudi

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Special Ed. quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this car used with about 1 year left on the original warranty. I had a couple minor problems, but Audi's service is fantastic. However, after the warranty ended I began experiencing problems every 3-4 months. These included spark plugs going bad, problems with water getting into the intake, the fuel pump going bad, problems with the brake light switch, and more. These also included my car being stuck in the shop for multiple days very long costly repairs. Overall, the car is fun to drive, but be prepared for a lot of costly repairs down the road.

Loved it while I had it
By hadalotofcars

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Special Ed. quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Not as nice looking as the new A4s. Not as nice looking as my old 2004 A4. At 50K-something miles the seat belt wouldn't retract. The car had miles but the car was only 2 years old. Audi refused to warranty the seat belt mechanism and wanted me to pay 800 to fix it. I escalated it to Audi of America and they said the dealer would agree to 5% off! Lots of little things with the car were wrong at what should be very low mileage. I refused and traded the car in. I really loved Audi but ultimately they spent their own customer. Would not buy another Audi unless they can prove building a deeper relationship with their quality and my satisfaction.

Favorite Features

Unstoppable, all wheel drive, sleek interior, xenons were great, superior wet traction - I adored this car

Great Car
By minn55441

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Special Ed. quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased new in May of 2008. Audicare was included so I was covered for all scheduled maintence and unscheduled repairs. I'm now at 40,000 miles and other that my oil changes, my only service was for a rattle in the door. They found a plastic piece that came loose. That is it!! 40,000 miles of pure enjoyment. I routinely get over 30 mpg, it handles great in the snow and it is fun to drive when the roads are dry. The back seat is a little cramped and not very comfortable to sit in. Then again, with grown children, I don't often have someone in the back. I do wish that I had opted for the premium sound system. I will probably trade it in for the new A4.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, heated seats.

Looking forward to the lease to end
By Jon

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I lease my cars for 3 years for multiple reasons. The most important reason is because I want a dependable car that's not going to break down and is under warranty. I've been towed twice since I got this car new in April of 2008. The first time was when a fuel sensor failed. I was stranded at a stop sign. Audi's roadside assistance was so bad that I had to join AAA to have my car towed. I was told me there was a recall going out on the fuel sensor. With 30m miles on the car the car stopped moving forward or backward at an intersection. I couldn't put the car in any gear other the gear it was in. To Audi's praise Audi's roadside assistance was great. Repair: a bolt had fallen off.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive. The car is great in the snow even without snow tires. Lease favorite feature are the never ending idiot lights.

Suggested Improvements

Need more cubbyholes for storage of little things. Recent prior cars were Honda Accord EX and Saab 900s. Both had much more space for storage of things such as maps, gloves, hats.

Love it so far.
By FirstA4

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought it CPO 3 months, 2K miles ago and love it. No issues so far-knock on wood. Very fun to drive w/ 6-sp manual. Interior is luxurious.. Armrest is a bit awkward-it covers the parking brake. I've cracked my elbow on it several times when it's lifted up. Armrest lid latch broke-this is a common problem. Dealer replaced under warranty. Overall, lot of fun to drive. Before buying, I drove two G35's and three 328i's, and don't regret for a second going with the Audi. The Infinity and BMW had much more power, but A4 was just more fun to drive. G35 had too much plastic in the cockpit. BMW oddly enough felt too refined - like it was driving and I was along for the ride.

Favorite Features

Great driving feel. Interior, exterior styling. Simple and sensibly laid out controls. Excellent highway MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Better armrest latch. Heck, better armrest layout. Incessant seat belt chime is too much. Rear leg room is very limited.