Used 2008 Audi A4 2.0T Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Love it so far.
By FirstA4

2008 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought it CPO 3 months, 2K miles ago and love it. No issues so far-knock on wood. Very fun to drive w/ 6-sp manual. Interior is luxurious.. Armrest is a bit awkward-it covers the parking brake. I've cracked my elbow on it several times when it's lifted up. Armrest lid latch broke-this is a common problem. Dealer replaced under warranty. Overall, lot of fun to drive. Before buying, I drove two G35's and three 328i's, and don't regret for a second going with the Audi. The Infinity and BMW had much more power, but A4 was just more fun to drive. G35 had too much plastic in the cockpit. BMW oddly enough felt too refined - like it was driving and I was along for the ride.

Favorite Features

Great driving feel. Interior, exterior styling. Simple and sensibly laid out controls. Excellent highway MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Better armrest latch. Heck, better armrest layout. Incessant seat belt chime is too much. Rear leg room is very limited.

Sweeet
By jeff

2008 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My first Audi (drove a 1.8T jetta for 5 years); this is one sweet ride. Gone is the turbo lag I had in Jetta, probably due to the Audi manual transmission. Nice smooth shifting, very good acceleration, fuel mileage has been in upper 20s, but car only has 2000 miles on it. The appearance of the grille is very sporty and somewhat mean looking :). I got basic car with 17" wheels, leather, bluetooth and iPod. The interior is beautiful and very comfortable. The ride is smooth and does this car love curves! Overall, the cost of this car is very reasonable. Overall, very pleased at this point. Highly recommend anyone taking a look.

Favorite Features

6 speed manual; nice looking rims; bluetooth; overall appearance is sharp.

Suggested Improvements

Make satellite radio standard or don't put the antenna on top. Steering column is busy with all these things sticking out. the voice activated dialer should have a train mode.

So far...
By newaudi

2008 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just picked up my new Audi A4 quattro 2.0T and can't get over this car. I've only had it a week, but I've been entirely impressed thus far. The feel and ride are just great, solid and smooth. Handling is sure and secure. I owned a 2001 VW Jetta GLX previously and was a little unsure of going back to a four cylinder, but the power of the 2.0T feels even better than the V6 in the Jetta. I was also concerned about engine noise and gas mileage. The growl of the Audi exhaust makes me smile and I'm getting about the same in mileage as I was in the Jetta - made the switch back to a 4 cylinder worth it. I got the Audi loaded up with extras.

Favorite Features

Having no door lock stems.

Suggested Improvements

Making a tilting passenger side view mirror a standard feature. It made a difference in my Jetta.