2008 Audi A4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:
Great car (while in warranty)
By chaseaudi on 12/16/12 21:05 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Special Ed. quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this car used with about 1 year left on the original warranty. I had a couple minor problems, but Audi's service is fantastic. However, after the warranty ended I began experiencing problems every 3-4 months. These included spark plugs going bad, problems with water getting into the intake, the fuel pump going bad, problems with the brake light switch, and more. These also included my car being stuck in the shop for multiple days very long costly repairs. Overall, the car is fun to drive, but be prepared for a lot of costly repairs down the road.

Loved it while I had it
By hadalotofcars on 07/26/11 13:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Special Ed. quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Not as nice looking as the new A4s. Not as nice looking as my old 2004 A4. At 50K-something miles the seat belt wouldn't retract. The car had miles but the car was only 2 years old. Audi refused to warranty the seat belt mechanism and wanted me to pay 800 to fix it. I escalated it to Audi of America and they said the dealer would agree to 5% off! Lots of little things with the car were wrong at what should be very low mileage. I refused and traded the car in. I really loved Audi but ultimately they spent their own customer. Would not buy another Audi unless they can prove building a deeper relationship with their quality and my satisfaction.

Great Car
By minn55441 on 01/11/11 14:57 PM (PST)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Special Ed. quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased new in May of 2008. Audicare was included so I was covered for all scheduled maintence and unscheduled repairs. I'm now at 40,000 miles and other that my oil changes, my only service was for a rattle in the door. They found a plastic piece that came loose. That is it!! 40,000 miles of pure enjoyment. I routinely get over 30 mpg, it handles great in the snow and it is fun to drive when the roads are dry. The back seat is a little cramped and not very comfortable to sit in. Then again, with grown children, I don't often have someone in the back. I do wish that I had opted for the premium sound system. I will probably trade it in for the new A4.

Looking forward to the lease to end
By Jon on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I lease my cars for 3 years for multiple reasons. The most important reason is because I want a dependable car that's not going to break down and is under warranty. I've been towed twice since I got this car new in April of 2008. The first time was when a fuel sensor failed. I was stranded at a stop sign. Audi's roadside assistance was so bad that I had to join AAA to have my car towed. I was told me there was a recall going out on the fuel sensor. With 30m miles on the car the car stopped moving forward or backward at an intersection. I couldn't put the car in any gear other the gear it was in. To Audi's praise Audi's roadside assistance was great. Repair: a bolt had fallen off.

Love it so far.
By FirstA4 on 05/30/10 08:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought it CPO 3 months, 2K miles ago and love it. No issues so far-knock on wood. Very fun to drive w/ 6-sp manual. Interior is luxurious.. Armrest is a bit awkward-it covers the parking brake. I've cracked my elbow on it several times when it's lifted up. Armrest lid latch broke-this is a common problem. Dealer replaced under warranty. Overall, lot of fun to drive. Before buying, I drove two G35's and three 328i's, and don't regret for a second going with the Audi. The Infinity and BMW had much more power, but A4 was just more fun to drive. G35 had too much plastic in the cockpit. BMW oddly enough felt too refined - like it was driving and I was along for the ride.

So Far So Fun
By KH on 05/19/10 23:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Special Ed. quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought as an Audi certified used car - 4 years of bumper to bumper warranty. The car is a joy to drive, the S-line suspension is tight and grips the road with the all-wheel drive. I use the paddle shifters to kick up the turbo and hit the gas - its a fun little 4 cylinder! Doesn't have the low end torque, but it does get 24 miles to the gallon in the city and 30 on the highway! No issues with oil or anything else other reviews have stated (knock on wood). The interior is very comfortable and stylish - it is pretty cramped, though, in the back seat. Trunk has lots of room. Almost every time I drive it some stranger gives a turn and a compliment!

Go buy a BMW 3 Series
By jbt020 on 04/23/10 18:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I trade cars about every 2 years and have owned BMW, Acura, Honda, Cadillac, Mazda, Jeep, Volkswagon, Lincoln and I'm sure I'm forgetting some others. This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I opted for the sport suspension and it literally feels like you are driving a covered wagon. There is a spot on my way home from work where I literally brace myself for the impact...and it's not a big bump. This is the only car I have owned in my life that I have to buy a quart of oil to add to it in between oil changes. At any given time I would have anywhere from 1 to 3 warning lights on at the same time. I just traded it in last night for an Acura TL and was thrilled to say goodbye!

Oil Consumption Machine
By Hugo on 04/11/10 15:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Special Ed. 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is an excellent car except for the amount of oil it consumes. 1 quart every 1,200 miles is too high. If you purchase this car be prepared to have your trunk full of oil quarts. Other than that it is a good car.

Fun & Then Some
By Mia on 12/09/09 09:21 AM (PST)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Special Ed. 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought this car used a few months ago and have loved it since I got into it. Overall the performance is good and the turbo is great compared to many I have driven in the past - very smooth. Fuel economy is good if you lay off the accelerator, you can easily get 35-40mpg with good driving and 20-25mpg being more aggressive. Also, the car is for lack of a better word spunky. The styling will get you looks and the car loves a winding road. Hitting the accelerator on a hard curve is pure joy. Overall great car with a solid foundation.

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Avant
By T Farrand on 11/05/09 09:28 AM (PST)

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drove this A4 Avant for 18 months and could not wait for the day to finally unload this car. The car was in the repair shop 6 times in 18 months - all for engine issues - fuel sensor, oxygen sensor in turbo, and finally an oil leak. The dealership was courteous and professional each time I had the car in, but the problems kept popping up. When the car was functioning properly, I enjoyed driving it. My main complaint was the automatic transmission - the Drive transmission setting shifted painfully slowly and enhanced the awful turbo lag. The Sport transmission setting was better, but it had to be shifted manually with the paddles into 6th gear when traveling < 80 mph. In 20 years of driving Honda and Toyota products, I made 3 trips in total for non-routine maintenance. 6 trips in 18 months for the Audi A4 is unacceptable and I will not buy another Audi.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.