2007 Audi A4 Consumer Review: HELP!!!!!!!!!...."TICKING" NOI

2007 Audi A4 - Consumer Review

2.0T quattro Convertible (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

HELP!!!!!!!!!...."TICKING" NOISE - IT IS GOING TO BLOW UP?????
By agretty1 on

2007 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my 2007 Audi A4 Convertible Quattro about a month ago, with only 39,000 miles on it. It is a great car, but with one exception, it "TICKS" after I power the car off. What I've noticed is that it when I drive a short distance, it's a low faint ticking noise, and when I drive a long/extended period it is a high/loud ticking noise when I power off. Yes, I've been told that it is "Normal", but it is such a distraction from the beauty of the car, when the attention it's receiving is due to the "ticking" noise it makes. Is anyone else experiencing this problem, and is there a fix for it. Please advise, as I feel that I am driving a "TICKING TIME BOMB".....

Favorite Features

Exterior/Interior design, the interior lighting, and the great feeling you get once the convertible is down and you are on the open road. If I could get rid of the "ticking" noice, I would be a promoter of this vehicle, but until that happens, I'm just waiting to see what's coming behind the noise.

Suggested Improvements

More user friendly gadgets....I still haven't quiet figured out how to program my garage door opener with the car....but I am a little mechanically challenged.....but I will figure it out.