Disappointed - Oil Consumption Nightmare
By jbgjresq on
2007 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Purchased car just off lease at approx 52K miles. My wife is the primary driver doing a 14 mile RT work commute. Car was always maintained by dealer while on lease. Overall a great car to drive but (big but) the greatness is negated by the incredibly excessive oil consumption. Right away I noticed the oil consumption issue. Even after oil changes (always 100% synthetic) it uses approx 1 qt every ~400 miles. Doing a quantitative test now down to the mile and pint. I am so disappointed at this example of Audi german engineering. In 40 years of car ownership, I have never seen this issue with any other properly maintained domestic or imported car or truck. In a word - "disappointed"
Favorite Features
Handling Ergonomic cabin layout Sound system and satellite radio Comfort Best seat and wheel adjustment variety and range I have ever seen in car or truck. (The Shaq could comfortably fit in here.)
Suggested Improvements
Big turbo lag from a dead stop - almost feels like engine has stalled. Inexplicable oil consumption issue. Absolutely no excuse for a well maintained german engineered vehicle in this class/price range to inexplicably use oil at this rate and, in this quantity.
By 2007audissuck
on 08/13/13 11:33 AM (PDT)

same issue here....any resolution on your end? just got back from dealer where several recall parts were replaced....at time of picking up car...check engine light on. this oil burning issue is killing me. please tell me you got it resolved or have ideas? ive been told to get new engine....come on now....theres only 52K on this one.